Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I'm looking for interesting uses for everyday objects like foam meat trays.

Gloria from California

Answers:

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I've been told to be careful reusing styrofoam meat trays -- they could hold in bacteria and be passed on. Better to be safe, and throw the meat trays out and save the ones from pastries and baked goods instead. (10/12/2005)

By Carolb

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

Insulation... you check to see if you have cold air coming in around your outside wall electric light switches and electric plugins, if there is air coming in, you take the cleaned and dry meat trays and cut a piece that will fit the electric switch plate or the plugin plate and place it behind it to seal out the cold air. This will help save on your heating bill. (10/12/2005)

By Suzq

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

My kids used to use clean and dry trays to make Christmas tree decorations. (10/12/2005)

By suzq

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I have used mine for snack trays just like you do paper plates. I always clean them in water and bleach before it use them and have never had any problems. (10/13/2005)

By COOKIEPOM

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I used to do a lot of decorative tole painting and I used the foam trays as palettes for my paints. I could put quite a few colors on one tray and then all I had to do for clean up was to throw them away. (10/13/2005)

By Margaret

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

Use them to go under seedling trays in the spring that way if your trays leek there is no mess, that came from me mother in law. (10/13/2005)

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

Teachers usually love these trays, they use them for painting projects, sorting small items for crafts, math, whatever. Classroom teachers as well as art teachers might appreciate a donation. Be sure they are washed well & bleached. I put mine through the dishwasher if I need to reuse them for such things. Better yet is the tip of saving trays from veggies & pastries only. (10/13/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

Find some that are the right size & put them in the bottom of your refrigerator's drawers. If you have anything in the drawer that leaks you might be able to lift out just the tray instead of removing the entire drawer to clean the mess. (10/13/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

You can make dimensional pictures: Make several photocopies of your picture. Cut out sections of foreground, mid ground, background. Glue pieces of foam tray between the layers of your picture to add dimension. Frame the result. (10/28/2005)

By SavvySuzy

Black styrofoam meat tray against a white background
Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays
Ice Cube Tray
Cleaning Odors From Ice Cube Trays
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
Uses for Foam Mattresses
Uses for Foam Mattresses
🎉
🎄