Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have jigsaw puzzles that are missing some pieces. I would like to find some use for these pieces. Does anyone have a craft idea using these old puzzle pieces?

Christy from Fulton, MS

Answers:

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I just thought that it might be fun way to let your children make place mats or coasters. (04/17/2008)

By tjsanoble

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have taken the small jig saw pieces and put them on hair barrettes to make unusual ones. Just glue them on then coat with something like modge podge. They turn out really cute . (04/18/2008)

By rosemary

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

M y son is an artist in different medias, oil, pencil etc, A few months ago he sent me and his sister chasing around thrift shops to pick up unwanted jigsaw puzzles (many had pieces missing) His idea was to make a 'mosaic' of different colored pieces, to hang on a wall like a painting. I saw a small finished one and it looked very good. I guess you just glue the pieces to a small canvas or board, in any colors and shapes you want.
(04/18/2008)

By ELLIE.

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

My daughter came home from Vacation Bible School a few years back with a picture frame decorated with puzzle pieces, and it was really cute. You could either create the frame out of cardboard or poster board and glue on the puzzle pieces, or you could use cheap thrift store or dollar store frames in the same way. The pieces could either be glued on as is, or could be painted (probably w/spray paint) any colors that you would wish to use. (04/19/2008)

By bailegirl

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

Corny cards come to mind, glue a few bits to the outside, You complete me, You're my missing piece,..blahblah. Perfect for that true blue friend or husband ( same person? :) Magnets? Give the kids something to move about while you're making dinner. Or maybe even under a glass top tray or coffee table. A conversation starter? String together as a garland, something colorful to lace over the curtain rods to cheer up the house just before all the flowers start to bloom . Hope this helps! :) (04/22/2008)

By momma red

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

A friend of mine has as a coffee table with a glass top and space beneath the glass you can store stuff . She changes the stored stuff regularly so at times her coffee table has had a shells top, pine cones, colored marbles etc. You could do that with colorful puzzle pieces. (04/22/2008)

By Killer Bees

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have used puzzle pieces to make pumpkin pins. Paint the body of the plain side orange the top portion brown like the stem. Draw on eyes and mouth in black permanent marker and hot glue a pin back on the puzzle side. You could probably adapt this idea as apples for teachers and more! (04/23/2008)

By pwsmith5858

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

You can make photo frames out of them, actually I think it is on one of the web sites under recycle. (04/23/2008)

By Jackie young

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

They are great embellishment for scrapbook or other crafts.
You can use either the puzzle finished as a whole or individual.
Then you can paint on them with crafting paint (Making Memories).

You can glue them to your scrapbook pages, frames, whatever your imagination takes you. (04/24/2008)

By Lorena

Uses for Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces

I have used jigsaw puzzle pieces for numerous crafts. Glued around a popsicle stick frame with a sign on it saying, "I LOVE YOU TO PIECES" makes a great Mother's Day gift. Shape them into Xmas trees, wreaths, or geometric shapes for lapel pins. Paint them corresponding colors add dimensional glitter paint for ornaments or berries. Let children fashion their own shapes with the pieces for their own creations. Let your imagination soar! I am sure Family Fun Magazine website has numerous ideas as well. Just type in puzzle piece art and see what you get! Have fun! (04/24/2008)

By Helen in CA

Jigsaw puzzle piece picture frame
Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎄