Uses for Large Plastic Coffee Jugs

I buy the large coffee jugs, the 33 oz. size. They are made so well, they have a handle on the side, with a good tight seal lid. I just can't see throwing them away. I give them to neighbors that I know, one being an older gentleman that uses them for his screws, nails and other little tools.

I have been cleaning out and organizing things and got out the jugs I was saving. So here are a few ideas I am using myself.

Source: My own organizing idea!

I love those! Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I don't have any of those containers, though. I wish I had a neighbor who would pass a few on to me. By the way, at Folgers' website, they have designs you can print out to cover their containers for holidays, etc. I'm sure the designs can be used on other, similar containers.

If you line them up and nail or screw them onto a board they can become cubbies for shoes or Legos or anything really. Cheaper than the toy cubbies you but at Walmart.

Thank you, just another great idea for these handy reusable containers. The ideas are endless. Thank you for commenting. :)

One of the best things about these containers is how durable they are. I have many in use. I even store clothespins in one. The Maxwell House container had the best grip, but they changed the design. I haven't bought Maxwell House, since.

We use one for snow-melt at the side door and one in my husband's car.

Anonymous

I have some saved to paint them!

I have a dehydrator that I use to dry the ends of bread loaves. I store the dried bread ends in these plastic coffee cans until I get enough to "crumb" in my blender. Viola! Homemade bread crumbs!

I like to use the coffee cans to put paint in when I'm painting up high. You can grasp the little handle on the side to hold on to easily.

I use then to store rice,beans etc and I put used coffe r grounds @ rgg shells etc for compost you can put cement in them for posts

these are all great ideas, but I have a bunch of small Maxwell house international coffee cans. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don't know if you will print this, but I use these containers as emergency pee cans on road trips and camping trips. A partial roll of tp fits inside.