Browsing: Uses for Laundry Scoops

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Laundry Scoops

With a new scoop in every bucket or box of detergent, you can end up with extras that can be helpful for many other things. This guide is about uses for laundry scoops.

Uses for Laundry Scoops
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 5, 2007 Flag

Looking for ideas to use those plastic laundry scoops from powered detergent. Any ideas?

hben4me from Dalton, GA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just thought of something. When my boys were little I remember my plastic drinking tumblers landing in the sandbox. Seems an excellent place fo a nicely washed laundry soap scoop.

You could also donate them to a school for use in the science lab or art room. I use them in my lab for a variety of things -- where one might use a glass beaker, often these plastic scoops will work well, and cost nothing. I use them as mixing pots for plaster of paris, and also for water cups for water color painting. I use many recycled items in my science lab -- small measuring scoops from iced tea as mini beakers, baby food jars, large pickle jars, ice cream pails, cottage cheese containers and lids, stryofoam trays of all sizes

all sorts of things.

I hope you all dont get tired of hearing from me, LOL. I really am not a snobby know it all, I just am a frugal stay at home mom. But we have used the scoops for planting seedlings, cut the handle off if you want to and poke holes in bottom and viola. hehe...Mary

Thank you for you ideas,

Keep the Gift or Craft Ideas coming. As the Holidays approach I am looking for Ideas that I can use for about 50 Seniors and 25 pre schoolers in the community and 35 co -workers Male & Felmale @ my husbands work. so there fore it needs to be broad based but yet crafty.

Thanks again

hben

I use mine as dog food scoops. I can measure them easily and when they get cracked, I always have more. I also use them when measuring in the garden. Hope this helps.

January 15, 2001 Flag

Scoops from laundry detergent: The ones I have are transparent green, and checking how much they hold (mine holds 1 cup of liquid) I use them as extra measuring cups when baking. So many times you need to use your 1 cup measuring cup several times. Now I don't have to clean it between ingredients.

By BrendaLea

June 12, 2004 Flag

I have a large family and we use a lot of laundry detergent. I usually go to Costco and buy the large size box of Tide. I am not sure if the smaller boxes of Tide are coming with those nice little scoops with a handle in them or not, but they sure are handy! They aren't your normal cheapy plastic scoop as before. They are made of a strong durable plastic and resemble a small Pyrex cup.

I have "re-purposed" so many of these scoops and have even mailed some to my mom. I use them for measuring bleach, I keep one in my bag of potting soil for scooping out dirt, I keep one in the dog food bin to scoop dog food, etc.

Other ideas would be to clean them real well and use the to scoop flour or sugar from your canisters or to help in washing your dog or your children's hair. Great bath or kiddie pool toys too!

Tawnda

October 5, 2007 Flag

I use the scoop that comes out of dry laundry detergent for my pet food. Washed well, of course. It is great and just enough.

By Vicki from Lubbock, Texas

Read more ideas below.

Answers:

Soap Scoops?

Hi,
Here is a link for some craft projects using Soap Scoops.

<a
href="http://familycrafts.about.com/library/trcrafts/bllscooptrt.htm">http://familycrafts.about.com/library/trcrafts/bllscooptrt.htm

This is a link for reusing Soap Scoops for extra measuring cups when baking. Whenever you reuse scoops make sure you clean them well.

<a
href="http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000551.tip.html">http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000551.tip.html

(12/02/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Soap Scoops?

Put Hershey kisses in scoop then use colored cellophane to wrap. Tie a bow around it. You now have a scoop of kisses. Great Mothers Day Gift from young Children. Make sure to wash them first. (04/30/2004)

By sharyl

A Use for Laundry Scoops

I am a single mother of two boys and love to find ways to recycle things. One of my favorite is to save the scoops out of laundry detergent and wash them good and use them to put jello or pudding in. Has a perfect handle for little ones and it is much cheaper to make jello and pudding than to buy individual serving ones

By Melisa (05/06/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

Wash and dry an old soap powder scoop, fill with Hershey's Hugs & Kiss, wrap in a colored celophane, tie with pretty ribbon. Perfect for kids gift for Mom

Raggedy_Jane (05/06/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Save Soap Scoops

Save the soap scoops from you laundry soap, wash and use for scooping out flour, sugar etc.

By Janie (05/17/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

After you wash it out (REALLY WELL) you can use it to scoop out your pet's dry food and thereby keeping your hands clean and odor free :) (07/23/2004)

By Ohmourningstar

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

I save the plastic scoops from powdered laundry soap to use as measuring cups for my plant foods. I measure the amount needed for the type of food I am using i.e.: rose food. Then I mark the scoop at the right level and leave it with the bag or box of food.

Then each time I am feeding my plants I don't have to pre measure or dirty a regular measuring cup. And when it gets grungy I always have another ready to go. Its also great when you are using a variety of plant foods. This way I have a personally measured one for each food. It saves a lot of time and guess work and it's recycling. Happy Gardening!

By Kathy (08/12/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

1. I saw in a magazine once where they hot glued ribbon, lace, tiny silk flowers, etc. around edges of scoop and some down the handles and filled with treats to hand out at birthday parties as a treat, for kids to give to teachers on holidays, baby shower for mints, etc. Your family could decorate a bunch and take to a senior center or pediatric long term care hospital for kids in the hospital at holidays.

2. I put my beans, rice, flour, sugar, etc. in air tight containers and these scoops work great and I don't have to leave a measuring cup in there.

3. Use to leave in your potting soil bag, plant food, etc. I have recently replaced the old scoops with the newer ones that come in the large Tide boxes that looks like a Pyrex cup. (08/12/2004)

By Tawnda

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

Amy Dacyzn says to make a kid's game with them. Tie a piece of string to the far end of the cup, not the handle. Then make a ball out of leftover aluminum foil and tie it to the other end of the string. Play it by flipping the ball up and trying to catch it in the cup. It's fun! (12/28/2004)

By coreenhart

Uses for Laundry Soap Scoops?

I use them to make Xmas ornaments. I do a small diarama in them with twigs, white craft paint or artificial snow. Add a small plastic deer. (07/31/2007)

By Kathy S.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 9, 2012
Baby Formula Scoop
Craft Ideas Using Baby Formula Scoops
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Reusing Laundry Detergent Bottles
Reusing Laundry Detergent Bottles
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 16, 2016 at 1:07:32 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.