Uses for Microfiber Cloths

Category Miscellaneous
These cleaning cloths can be helpful for a variety of things around the house. This guide contains uses for microfiber cloths.

Brooms don't do a very good job at picking up dog hair from the floor. I put a microfiber cloth around my broom bristles and secure it with a rubberband. Tada! It picks up the dog hair.

By Ramona from Granby, MA

That makes me remember when I was a child helping my mother do our Saturday cleaning. We had tile floors and Mom would stress over trying to get all the little specks of dust up (we lived on a gravel road) so she devised something similar. She would lightly sprinkle the floor with water and wrap a cloth around her broom and sweep up every single speck! Thanks for reminding me!

Some weeks ago, I was shopping with my sister, when we entered a beauty shop. They where selling a new kind of washcloth for make up removal without any cleanser, just to be used with water. It was made of microfiber cloth, the same kind you can find in stores for the purpose of window cleaning or dusting, often under the name of "miracle rag" or something like it.

It cost a fair amount of money and it was made in Italy. My sister, loving new things, bought it, and immediately praised it after trying it. I instead, went home and tried my microfiber rag (clean of course) in the exact same material from the store for a fraction of the price she had payed, and believe me, it works!

It takes even less time to remove mascara than with a cottonball and eye makeup remover! It is also very skin friendly and soft, and you don't get that nasty remover in your eyes. Just use water and nothing else. Afterwards, wash it with soap to remove stains, rinse it and hang to dry. It dries really fast. Toss in the laundry every now and then. I will never have to buy eye makeup remover again!

By Anna from Sweden

I have also just discovered the merits of these cloths.

I got mine, generic brand, from the supermarket.

Have just discoved some in the baby isle that are smoother and softer and half the price.

I think my skin looks better and it certainly feels better and smoother.

Savings on cleanser, exfoiliator etc.

Happy frugal savings all round

Cheers

Kate

After showering, wipe the tiles and glass down with a "Magic Cloth" (microfiber) and you will never need to use cleaners or scrub your shower again.

By Muzza from Yarrawonga, Vic., Australia

Does this work for limescale as well?

Cleaning With Microfiber Cloths

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

his is a guide about cleaning with microfiber cloths. Microfiber cloths can be used without cleaning products for a wide variety of cleaning tasks.