Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Any ideas for using the paint chip samples you get at the paint store. Every time I paint a room a end up with lots of the samples.

miniduck

Answers:

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

You could use them for a pretty border around your wallet sized photos - just glue or use double sided sticky tape the picture to the sample. It would also give the pictures more support at the same time. (09/10/2005)

By Tripleb

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

My daughter uses them in her scrap booking. (09/10/2005)

By eve

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Make a mosaic with lots of them around a plain dollar store frame.

I have a TV tray that has a "faux mosaic" to that I made out of the samples (a local paint store was discontnuing a line so I got scads of them).

Take a small index card and staple the colors you decided on to use and keep it in your purse for when you are out shopping. (09/10/2005)

By cj

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

I glue them back to back and cut the border with decorative scissors, then punch a hole in the corner and write on them with colored markers for gift tags for presents. (09/10/2005)

By Kendy

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

I've used decorative punches (flowers, heats, stars) with them to decorate paper craft projects. (09/11/2005)

By pinellas

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

This may be a "No brainer", but what are paint chips? Are you talking about all those cards with different colored paint on them? I'm confused. I have read on other scrap booking websites that they use paint chips, but I never could figure out what it meant. Thanks. (09/12/2005)

By jenjoejace

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Huh?What is Sandy talking about?

Big box stores that sell paint have those big racks of paint sample cards (a.k.a. chips) for customers to take home, so they can decide which color they want. That's what they're for!(09/29/2005)

By pinellas

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Tape one onto the top of the paint can in the colour you actually use. That way, you can see at a glance the colour you need for any touch-ups at a later date. Return the rest, they all cost money you know! (10/12/2005)

By Cathy

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

You can always return them to the store for reuse as they are only 'free' to the customer. Ask your store they may want to re use them if they are in good condition (10/19/2007)

By Dee

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

They would be great to cut into various geometric shapes for kid's craft projects. Kids always find a way to use things others might consider trash. I love the other ideas too! (05/09/2008)

By Kim

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Toss the chip into your office paper shredder, then put the strip in a birds nest; they'll be very grateful for the extra nesting material. :D (08/22/2008)

By WITTYgurl

Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Crafts Using Fabric SamplesFabric Sample Quilt
Crafts Using Fabric Samples
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Using Beauty Samples
Perfume Sample Bottles
Using Perfume Samples
🎉
🎄