Uses for Plastic Coffee Containers

I have found that the plastic coffee containers you get are great for different uses. I have used them to transport transplanted plants as gifts, storing dry foods such as rice,pasta ect... I have one that I use only for my composting pile. I keep the lid on it and as I accumulate food scraps I just put them in the container and then when it is full take it out side. The snap on lids are great for placing under flower pots and I have also used them for children's snack plates. What other uses have people found for these great containers?

Jonnie from Owensboro, KY

Answers:

Uses for Plastic Coffee Containers

I strained all of our old paint into the coffee cans (with a piece of panty hose stretched across the top of the coffee can). Then took stretch wrap, sealed the top with that then duck taped the lid on over the wrap. Eight months later, the paint was just like new! Put a dab of the color on the lid and on the can, so you will know exactly which color it is, I also use masking tape on top of each can with the Brand, date and color, so you can have it matched if you need to. No more rusty paint cans! (06/22/2006)

By Mary, Crown Point, IN

Uses for Plastic Coffee Containers

My son's cub scout troop made bird feeders out of them. They cut out square shapes on 2 sides about and 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the bottom. Then poked holes in the sides on the top to hang with a bent coat hanger. (06/23/2006)

By dpcw

Uses for Plastic Coffee Containers

I sometimes use my plastic coffee containers for "quicky" sewing kits. I keep needed mending supplies in a near by container. I also store art supplies and extra school supplies. I always label them so there is no confusion. I also use one for my "throw away" grease after it is cooled. Then throw away the container with lid on it after it is full. They are also great crayon or marker containers for little hands. (06/23/2006)

By Glinda

Uses for Plastic Coffee Containers

I made a scissors/string kit with one of my coffee containers. I just cut one small hole in top for the string to come through and another larger hole for the scissors to rest in, small enough that the handles of the scissors still are accessible. It has been so convenient. I am about to dedicate a few of them for storage of cat food so that I won't have the messy cat food bag in my way. (01/07/2007)

By Nancy

Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans, A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Last Minute Easter Egg Basket for Kids
Making a Plastic Coffee Can Easter Basket
Declutter with Coffee Cans
Organizing With Plastic Coffee Containers
🎉
🎄