Uses for Plastic Cutting Mats

Category Miscellaneous
Plastic Cutting Mats
These mats can be helpful for other things around the home. This guide is about uses for plastic cutting mats.

I use wire shelving in our home. I like the convenience of these shelves. However, when using these shelves for bathroom or kitchen items, some bottles, jars, containers, etc. are too small and tip over easily.

To solve this problem, I use the plastic-type cutting mats that are sold in the dollar store. I have found three mats in one pack for a $1.00. The larger sizes can be cut to fit a shelf if needed. They are sturdy, durable and easy to remove when cleaning.

I like to have extra mats on hand. They can come in handy for many things in a home besides being used as a cutting board in the kitchen. They store easily.

These mats can be used under an old towel for dirty and wet shoes/boots near a door. I keep one on my computer desk for the computer mouse and tuck any notes or reminders under one. When doing a small messy project, I use one to protect the counters.

Keep some on hand, you will always find a reason to use them around your home.

By mkymlp from NE PA/USA

When cutting meat, use a plastic cutting board instead of a wood one. It is much easier to clean bacteria from a plastic cutting board than it is from wood, which will also need to be reseasoned after cleaning. After using a cutting board for meat, wash it well (or wash it in the dishwasher) before using it again to avoid transfering bacteria to other food items.

I keep the cheap plastic cutting mats on hand all the time. These are 2/$1 at the dollar store. I use them to line storage boxes, put in the bottom of tote bags I sew, and most recently I used one to replace the inner sole that our dog chewed out of a shoe.