Uses for Plastic Plant Trays

Category Reusing
Uses for Plastic Plant Trays
There are ways to use these containers for more than plants. This guide is about uses for plastic plant trays.

Each year, I come home from the local garden center with several large trays. The plastic ones with raised sides that they give you to carry your flats of plants in the car.

I wash them and then use them to bring cookies, muffins, etc. to pot luck dinners and bake sales. Sometimes I cover the trays with foil or even pretty wrapping paper for a seasonal party. They're easy to carry, the baked goods don't get crushed, and I'm happy to leave them behind since the host can simply place them in a recycling bin, or better yet, use them again!

By NatashaLee from New England

I use those trays for a lot of things. I start my own seeds and place the trays into large clear plastic bags so the seeds will sprout. I also use these when I spray patches on my lawn. I place one of those trays over the area so that my dogs don't walk on the area or try to eat the grass that has been sprayed.