Uses for Plastic Tablecloths

Using a plastic tablecloth as a picnic blanket.
Plastic tablecloths have a wide variety of uses in addition to their intended one. These range from craft projects, to decorations, to use in the garden. This is a guide about uses for plastic tablecloths.

Recovering seating such as deck chairs or other furniture that needs a sturdy or spill proof seat cover can be done less expensively with a pretty vinyl tablecloth. This is a guide about make seat covers from a vinyl tablecloth.

A chair seat covered with a cheerful blue seat cover with fish.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

A seasonal vinyl tablecloth is a perfect item to convert into a pretty, even inexpensive, Christmas tree skirt. It is easy and quick to do. This is a guide about how to make a tree skirt with a vinyl tablecloth.

Red Christmas tree skirt

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Large vinyl tablecloths are inexpensive and often seasonally decorated. They are the perfect solution to wrapping large gifts. This is a guide about using tablecloths as gift wrap.

A packaged yellow plastic tablecloth.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am decorating for my son's wedding. He is having his buffet tables and dance floor in a very large shelter area. (60 x30) It is made of a metal roof and lots of poles. The view from one side is not the best (playground equipment). I wanted to block that view, yet let in air circulation, but on a budget. This is what I have decided to do. I am ordering rolls of high quality plastic tablecloths. I will cut the plastic in 6 inch wide strips by 8 feet long and attach them to the roof line. This will look like flowing ribbons. The cost to cover the 60 ft span? $32.00 dollars!

What kind of paint can I use on a vinyl tablecloth that, when I wipe, it won't smear, or take off the paint?

By Misty

If you want to use rubber stamps, I would suggest Stayz On permanent ink. If you want to paint it, your best bet would be to buy clear vinyl to go over the top (you can stitch the edges of the tablecloth and the vinyl together). Fabric stores sell clear vinyl, or, for a cheaper option, buy a clear shower curtain and cut to size.

Try paint made for plastics.

How do I make large bows using plastic table cloths?

By Sandra from Springfield, LA

We cut ours in long strips and tied them as you would any bow. A few years back I went to a party supply store and bought a roll of red plastic tablecloth like the ones used on banquet tables and decorated the porch posts and all in bows for Christmas. Weatherproof and reusable.

There are many uses for the cheap plastic tablecloths. How do you use them other than their intended use?