Uses for Prescription Bottles

Does anyone have tips or craft ideas for using empty prescription bottles? I have many, and I hate to throw them away if they can be used or made into something.

Thanks!
Cathy from Bristol, TN

Answers:

Uses for Prescription Bottles

You can put together a mini first aid kit with first aid tape wrapped around a wooden match, a couple of needles, thread, bandaids, samples of antibiotic, alcohol prep wipes, & whatever else you can fit depending on the size of bottle. On the lid place a piece of sandpaper to light the wooden match in an emergency or to sterilize a needle. Empty Film Canisters also work well for this. (11/21/2006)

By Sherri from Utah

Uses for Prescription Bottles

CRAFT: We used to melt them and make pins out of them or necklace. You can press small beads into them when still hot or put beads inside and let the bottle melt around the beads.

(11/21/2006)

By cindy

Uses for Prescription Bottles

You can re-purpose pill bottles by adding a few stones or marbles, putting the cap back on and using them as a pedestal holder for those tiny bathroom cups. (11/21/2006)

By hsorbits

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I label 7 bottles with the days of the week, and put them in a small dish. I put the medications and vitamins for each day in the proper bottle. Since we take some pills in the morning and some in the evening, I have one dish for A.M. and one for P.M. If we go out of town for a few days, I just put the bottles for the days we are going to be gone in a ziplock bag and pack them with our luggage.
Harlean from Arkansas (11/21/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Uses for Prescription Bottles

They can be sent to places like Haiti where they don't have them. A church should be able to help.
Otherwise, another use is for forming flower petals for a panty hose flower. (11/21/2006)

By Sharon

Uses for Prescription Bottles

Why don't you decorate them (using scrapbooking papers) as containers for toothpics, sewing kit or waterproof matches. There are loads of ideas on scrapping sites.

Have fun (11/22/2006)

By Diana

Uses for Prescription Bottles

They are great for dressing to take to pour on the salad rigth before eating. That way you do not have soggy salad for lunch. (11/22/2006)

By patg

Uses for Prescription Bottles

In addition to all the great ideas others have contributed, here's my small idea.

As kids, we used to remove/soak off the labels, add beads or sparkle or crayon or anything interesting (including small flowers) and place the bottles on a cookie sheet. Mom would bake them for us (low heat for 10 minutes, I think). While still hot, we'd use a knitting needle to make a hole near the top and when cooled these made the greatest jewellery and window/wall hangings. If you're looking for a great way to entertain kids (and get them away from the TV), they might have fun with this.

Cheers (11/22/2006)

By Rose Anne

Uses for Prescription Bottles

Take unused prescriptions back to your pharmacy for them to dispose of. DO NOT throw into the toilet or garbage. This is true for non-prescription medication as well. Check your medications for expiration dates every few months.
I'd love to find out what temperature to melt the bottles at. I think I'm going to try the suggestions about melting them with a few beads inside as a craft project.
(11/23/2006)

By Connie from Canada

Uses for Prescription Bottles

They are great for saving seeds that you picked and dried for next year. Just label a wall-ah. Ready for you in the spring. (11/25/2006)

By kduchn

pill bottle hide a key
Uses for Prescription Bottles
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Recycling Prescription Bottles
🎉
🎄