Uses for Prescription Bottles

Does anyone have any ideas for reusing prescription medicine bottles? I hate to throw them away, I figure someone has a use for them.

Grandma B from Coshocton, OH

Answers:

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I make my own earrings. I have so many, that storage can be a problem. I paint the tops of the prescription bottle with the color of the earring. The bottles will hold several earrings. Finding the right color at a moment's notice, with the tops painted in various colors (03/17/2007)

By margeth

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I can't think of anything that isn't tacky to make out of the empty bottles, but I always remove the labels before I dispose of them, because I don't want my personal information on them and also to guard against identity theft. Also, if you bring your empty bottles to the drug store, your pharmacist might reuse them to refill your prescriptions.
(03/18/2007)

By sylviecyn

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I keep one on hand for when I need a eye wash. If you ever get something in your eye, put warm water in it lean your head to it and tilt back. When you feel the water in the eye. blink and it looses the eyelash or whatever gets caught in the eye. Of coarse see a Dr if you need to. (03/18/2007)

By Ariela

I like the ideas!

I keep my tacks in them, so they don't get stepped on or etc. I have also used them to organize my crafts. I put my favorite beads in them (garnet and more), so I can find them among the bulk beads. I keep a spare and fill it with broken or dull needles before I throw them in the garbage (so no one is hurt). Keep up the awesome ideas everyone! (03/18/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Uses for Prescription Bottles

My grandmother uses them as stoppers on her knitting needles. She somehow drills a hole in one of them shoves them over the point of the needle, with the bottle opening to the yarn. She use to do it with film bottles, she finally went digital. (03/20/2007)

By gannedwards

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I love the one about salt and pepper shakers. I paint them and put tiny trinkets in them that I get from Hobby Lobby or somewhere; I give them away for Anger Shakes to mentally ill people. They can get all mad and shake their bottles instead of other people. They also love the trinkets inside.

(04/02/2007)

By Georgia

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I haven't finished with my idea yet! I'm working on a way to use them in making a hummingbird feeder. Using fishing line to hang them up with. My problem I'm working on tho, is a way to color the amber color scrip bottle so its a red color. Maybe a red net wrapped around the bottle or red foam paper? (05/17/2007)

By miniduck

Uses for Prescription Bottles

I know prescription bottles are good for lots of things like for tackle boxes, sewing, storing coins and jewelry etc! But with proper sanitizing and label removing there has to be some company that buys them back for redistribution. This would be a good little business for some side money. (06/02/2007)

By Tony

pill bottle hide a key
Uses for Prescription Bottles
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Recycling Prescription Bottles
🎉
🎄