Browsing: Uses for Shampoo

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Shampoo

When you have shampoo that you don't like to use on your hair, there are other ways to use this product. This guide contains uses for shampoo.

Pouring Shampoo
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 25, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with old shampoo and conditioner? I hate to just throw it out.

By Des from Canaan, ME

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've used shampoo for scrubbing my tub with (a a scrub brush, I mean), as a body wash, and as bubble bath. Also, I've heard it kills 99% of bacteria.

Conditioner works great as an alternative to shaving cream for legs. It goes on smooth, you can see more where the hair is still left during shaving (better than through thick shaving cream foam), and your legs are ultra soft and moisturized from the conditioner.

I use conditioner as a leave in spray type conditioner. I didn't like the way it left my hair using it in the shower so I put a 1/4 of it in a spray bottle and filled it with water. Just shake before using and spray hair. I was paying 4$ for spray conditioner,now it's just pennies.

Use them to wash and condition your makeup brushes.

I've heard shampoo can be used for getting out ring around the collar in laundry, and maybe other oil-based stains stains.

Wool and cashmere sweater will be really soft and fluffy if you use the shampoo to wash and the conditioner in the 1st rinse.

January 27, 2010 Flag

Use leftover shampoo you no longer want to use for your hair, to wash your hand wash items. You can also use liquid hair conditioners as a laundry softener to remove any static cling once your clothes are dried.

By anorman

August 29, 2012 Flag

I need some advice please. I have 6 large bottles of Denorex extra strength anti dandruff shampoo, purchased on a half price offer, and a moment of madness on my part! The problem is, everybody in the family hates the stuff and Ii was wondering if it can be used for other things?

I tried to use it as a bathroom cleaner and it literally peeled the skin off my hands and stung pretty badly. It must be strong stuff.
Please, any suggestions for alternative uses before I toss the whole lot away?

By cettina from Malta, Europe

Depending on how long you've had them and where you bought them, you may try returning them for a refund. Other than that if you don't get another suggestion here try your local freecycle group. I'm sure someone would take them off your hands.

How about donating them to your local homeless shelter? I am sure they could use it.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsDecember 16, 2013
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
A dog after a bath.
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipes
A man applying coal tar shampoo.
Using Coal Tar Shampoo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 14, 2016 at 10:34:23 PM on 10.0.2.29 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.