Uses for Shoe Organizers

Tips and ideas for using hanging shoe organizers, other than for organizing shoes. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Use clear plastic shoe organizers for sewing items. I use one for elastic, one for snaps, one for zippers, etc. Also, for small craft items. (01/06/2005)

By Dottie

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Put small stuffed animals or toys in and hang on back of child's bedroom door. (01/06/2005)

By Mel

Uses for Shoe Organizers

I always stored hats, mittens, gloves and scarves in a shoe organizer. Worked great. (01/06/2005)

By Bonnie

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Hang one on the back of the bathroom door and use it for shampoo bottles, brushes, talcum powder containers, lotion, etc. (01/06/2005)

By Katie A.

Uses for Shoe Organizers

My daughters have one that my mother got them to keep Barbies in. We use it in the closet to store seldom used shoes, belts, swimming suits, etc. it hangs so it takes less space then having things on the floor. (01/06/2005)

By mamarae

Uses for Shoe Organizers

I am a HUGE fan of shoe pockets. I've been living in tiny rental housing for the past five years or so, which always means tiny bathrooms. I use a shoe pocket on the back of the door for easy storage and access of toiletries. I put my husband's toiletries on the top (he's tall) and mine on the bottom half. Saves on massive clutter on the limited counter space and keeps things organized and easily accessible! (01/07/2005)

By barefootcontessa

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Use one on the back of the laundry room door... when you come across an item that hasn't a mate -- sock, mitten, etc -- put it in a pocket until the mate shows up. (01/07/2005)

By MochaMae

Uses for Shoe Organizers

I teach high school math. I am planning to put one in my classroom to hold the classroom set of TI-82 graphing calculators. The other teachers have specially made calculator holders, but being the new teacher this year, there was not one for me, so I had to get a little creative. (01/08/2005)

By

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Since I like to paint I use one to store my tubes of acrylics and oils in. This way I can pick out the color I need quickly and can also tell at a glance what color or colors I may be running low on and need to pick up at the store. (01/09/2005)

By mary-guest

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Great if you are going on a cruise as well. With those tiny bathrooms with no shelf space for cosmetics, etc, hang one over the bathroom or closet door. It will hold combs, brushes, cosmetics, medical items, sunblock, and any other little thing you would rather not dig out of a suitcase or drawer. (01/10/2005)

By gardencraft

Uses for Shoe Organizers

You can use a shoe organizer to organize your dress or special socks. You can see them better in the little sleeves then in a drawer.

You can also use them for jewelry sets or necklaces. Or hair ornaments for a little girl that has a lot of barrettes or bands.

Dana from Maryland (01/10/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Using a Shoe Organizer Bag

When traveling a long ways with a child, bring his shoe bag holder. Hang it over the car window to block sunlight and to store toys in the "pockets"!

By Chell (01/17/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Bathroom Organization

I am always in search of inexpensive and easy ideas for organizing I happened upon hanging a shoe bag on the inside of the bathroom door for hair products, gel, etc, toothcare stuff, wash clothes and extra items it is great. I took it a step further and hung a small shoe bag on the inside of the shower door for soap, shampoo, cream rinse, bath oil, razors and shaving cream great way to clear out clutter and you can check for levels for replacement at a glance.

By Lisa (03/14/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Shoe Organizers

In our K-5 class at school, we organize our dry erase markers by color in small shoe organizers; at center times, we hang the shoe organizer on a hook on the dry erase board and the children can pull colors out to draw on the board and then place them in the correct slot. (03/14/2005)

By WANJOY

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Shoe organizers can be used in almost any room. They have cute ones that you can use in kids rooms for beanie babies, polly pockets, etc, put desk supplies in, craft supplies, boys can put small cars and lego toys in them. I have a home daycare and keep one in the hall closet for extra clothes, winter wear (for those wonderful children who come in 30 degree weather without a hat), training pants, etc. I also store my dog sweaters, leashes and doggie bandannas in one. I have a scrapbooking room and have one hanging on the closet door with big punches and other things that I do not use on a daily basis.They are great things! Hang one in the garage to hang all sorts of things! (03/14/2005)

By acope

Use for Plastic Shoe Bags

I bought a large plastic shoe bag with the large pockets and hung it in the basement. It will hold several small tools, paint brushes etc. Keeps items organized in a small space.

By C. H. (06/06/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Shoe Organizers

When we use to go to our Hawaii condo for a month, I use to hang this in the closet near the bathroom and store all our personal items in it. Easy to see and very convenient.

The Dollar Store carries the clear plastic shoe bags for $1.00! (06/06/2005)

By

Uses for Shoe Organizers

Hi, With all these great ideas, shouldn't we be giving these as Christmas gifts? Our friends will love us if we include some of these great suggested uses! (06/06/2005)

By Tedebear

Uses for Shoe Organizers

I use it camping to hang on the camper, under the awning to store paper plates, eating utensils, napkins, salt and pepper, matches, bug spray, sunscreen, etc., anything that might be needed on a daily basis. (06/07/2005)

By Betty

Uses for Shoe Organizers

I bought a shoe organizer (from the Dollar store or perhaps Dollar General) and hung in my pantry. I keep Kool-Aid packets, gravy, sauce/seasoning packets, things like that, oh and jello and pudding boxes. Keeps smaller stuff like that much more organized in the pantry. (07/23/2006)

By Debbie52

Hats and Gloves in Over the Door Shoe Organizers
Uses for Over the Door Shoe Organizers
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Uses for Locker Organizers
Uses for Locker Organizers
Fabric Shoe Organizer
Making a Fabric Shoe Organizer
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
🎄