Uses for Shoulder Pads
|I have many pairs of used shoulder pads. What can I use them for?|
Sharon from Illinois
|What to do with Shoulder Pads ||04/04/2006|
|90 things to do with shoulder pads: This is in response to article from 2002 on this website. Yes, shoulder pads are from the 80's and are passe. But I still have shoeboxes of them. What can be done with them? Well...over a period of a year, these are some ideas my family contributed to a list on. Here they are. |
- Stuffing them in your bra creates an instant Wonder Bra.
- Use as a catcher's mit or baseball mit.
- Knee pads.
- Put in hat to fit better
- Bird nest stuffing
- Pillow stuffing
- Beanie Babies
- Ears for stuffed animals
- Mickey Mouse hat ears
- Use a part of mobile for baby's crib as half moons.
- Crash barriers for hot wheels
- Jewelry packing
- Odor eaters
- Help shoes retain shape
- Heel guards for shoes
- Tape to bottom of shoes to walk silently. (Sell to robbers and new parents.)
- Pillow for pet hampster.
- Bed for pet mouse.
- Cold compresses.
- Cusion for doll furniture
- Eye pads
- Gag for overtalkative person
- Elbow pads
- Wrist rest
- Duck tape them to your garden tools to prevent blisters
- Seath cusion stuffing
- Stuffing for worlds largest shoulder pad
- Rest your eyeglasses on them.
- Sew them in your clothing to make shoulders.
- Carry to open public bathroom doors with.
- Throw away
- Paper towel substitute
- Hot pads
- Pot holders
- Wrap pipes with
- Use as filler for trash to get your money's worth
- Put them in bottom of sackes for Goodwill to make them look fuller
- Exhaust pipe stuffing for practical joke
- Soft sculpture
- Duck bill
- Puppet mouth
- Eye patch
- Slippers for your children
- When your children want to set up a band, give them to them as cymbals or put on drumsticks and tell them how much better they sound.
- Miniature train set mountains.
- False beard
- Corn pads
- Hair curlers
- Plug leaks in your roof
- Baby wipes
- Wipe sweat from your brow
- Face mask
- Tea cozy
- Insulation for building
- Cup Insulator
- Add adhesive tape and you have a good bandage
- Cap bill
- Wallet stuffer to impress robbers when you hand over your fake wallet
- Under arm pads to keep sweat from showing under your clothes
- Incontinence pads
- Joan Crawford Halloween Costume
- Surgical masks
- Angel wings
- Sew on shirts and use for pockets
- Quilt or comforter pieces
- Drain plug
- Doll pillows
- Outside scales for fish, mermaid, or dragon costume.
- Butterfly wings on a plant decorator stick
- Telephone pads
- Desk mat
- Cushioning for sun visor
- Door bumpers
- Chair bumpers
- Diskette holder
- CD holder
- Pin cushion
- Roll your own cigarette casings
- Shoe bottoms
- Dust rags
- Mop floor
|- - ||04/04/2006|
|Oh, I have always wanted to have a pile of them! I have wanted to make a quilt with them by fitting them together and hand or machine sewing them. Imagine a quilt or a baby changing pad, etc. So, I do not have them so you can do it for me ;)|
| By sshep |
|- - ||04/04/2006|
|use them for elbow and knee pads, just but elastic on them can pin in place or stitch with needle or machine. dgd, age 2 1/2, recently broke her are on a trampoline, these might have saved her arm, if i had thought of it sooner! also for knee and elbow pad for riding bicycles and even for letting children play outside, less "bobos". use as knee pads in the garden, by attaching elastic. may have to sew two together for garden.|
| By justmyimagination2002 |
|- - ||04/05/2006|
|My dad uses them to wax his vehicles. They are similiar to the pads you get in the tubs of car wax, but free!! |
| By Kathy (Guest Post) |
|- - ||04/05/2006|
|The best use for the silky covered shoulder pads is to put them under the legs of something heavy you want to move. They will slide right across the floor. |
| By jaxi3 |
|- - ||04/06/2006|
|Funny! I have a pair of pads sitting right here waiting for me to do something with them. I just removed them yesterday from a dress I bought at a yard sale, which incidentally ended up too big so I'll have to put it in my yard sale.|
90 things to do with shoulder pads - really started my day with some chuckles. But seriously, I did get at least one useful idea. I belong to an organization that helps the local animal shelter. We have annual fund raisers (car washes, coin drops, etc.) and have a couple of animal costumes, but they're usually a little too warm for most of the year. Maybe I can use a hair band and a couple of pads for some cat ears and do some face painting.
| By karenIM |
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 3:14:00 AM on 10.0.2.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us