Uses for Shredded Paper?

I bought a paper shredder at Christmas, and it has done wonders in helping me get better organized. The shredder cuts in two directions, so I'm left with lots of 1.5-inch by .25-inch pieces. I save the shredded paper and then stuff it in grocery sacks to use like "shipping peanuts." Also, in the spring I'll be able to use lots of it as mulch when I'm tending my flower and veggie gardens. Still, I wondered what other ways I could use this shredded paper.

Melanie

Answers:

Uses for Shredded Paper?

If you have any friends with mice, rats, rabbits, etc., they might be happy to be offered free bedding material! (01/29/2005)

By snickybun

Uses for Shredded Paper?

Hamster bedding! As long as the paper doesn't have too much ink on, it is fabulous and safe and thrifty! Also you could use it to make some kind of glue, paper stuff for craft. Mixing it with thick wallpaper paste for example. (01/30/2005)

By incurable_hippie

Uses for Shredded Paper?

You can use it for cat litter, or make it into papier mache. I don't have the recipe, but someone out there must. (01/30/2005)

By Bert in Oregon

Uses for Shredded Paper?

Shred colored paper for gift bags instead of buying gift bag shreds. (01/30/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

Uses for Shredded Paper?

Check with your local animal shelter - They are happy to take ours! (01/31/2005)

By Linda H

Uses for Shredded Paper?

I like to put it into plastic bags [like grocery bags], tie the bags closed securely and stuff my empty purses & totebags with it to help them keep their shape when not being used. (02/01/2005)

By darween

Bean bag with shredded paper

I took a blanket (with leopard stripes) for a daughter of mine who loved leopards and cut it into 2 strips. I then sewed it together to make a box. Filled it with shredded paper and it made a nice bean bag. (02/02/2005)

By Honey

Uses for Shredded Paper?

For paper mache: equal parts flour and water. (08/16/2006)

By Cathy

Uses for Shredded Paper?

This probably wouldn't work for the small pieces that you get from your shredder, but if you have the kind that makes long thin strips, how about using them for quilling crafts?
(08/16/2006)

By pinkchic

Uses for Shredded Paper?

I use the shredded paper for dog bedding. It is very insilated and keeps them warm on cold nights. It also provides a great comfortable bed to sleep. This material can be used for any type of animal (04/26/2007)

By Dog Lover

Uses for Shredded Paper
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Uses for Shredded Paper, shredded paper
Uses for Shredded Paper
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
Shredded cabbage
Uses for Bagged Shredded Cabbage
🎉
🎄