Uses for Sour Milk

When I have milk in the refrigerator that is just starting to sour, although it doesn't taste or smell too good, it is still safe to consume it. Then I know it is time to make baked macaroni or pudding or some other recipe that calls for a lot of milk. If there is still some of the milk left, I freeze it in small containers for future use in cooking.

By Judy from Columbia, MD

Uses for Sour Milk

At first I was in shock over this tip and then I thought, "Deeli, you like cottage cheese don't you, so what's wrong with baking with curdled milk?" Thanks for sharing what you do with the curdles. :-) (12/02/2009)

By Deeli

Uses for Sour Milk

You can make a delicious dessert. "Dulce de leche cortada", (Sweet Caramel Milk Curds). I do it the simple way, just boil the sour milk with "Panela" (a solid piece of Sugar Cane extract found in Latin supermarkets), or you can use brown sugar until most water evaporates. It takes some time, but is worth it.

Now, if you want a little bit more detailed recipe for Dulde De Leche Cortada, Try this:

By antores

RE: Uses for Sour Milk

Uses for Sour Milk
Uses for Sour Milk
Uses for Sour Milk
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes