Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays

I have saved several different colors and sizes of foam meat trays. They have been washed and bleached. Does anyone know of any crafts for kids that these could be used for? I have a four-year-old grandson and would love to find a fun craft for him to make.

Mara from Anchorage, AK

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I usually find most of my craft ideas from,,,,,, and lots more. Those usually have ideas for styro foam or any thing that we would usually toss out or recycle.

I usually let my kids put paint in them, saves my dishes. Also you can cut out the center and make really cool picture frames. :) Good luck and have fun. (06/07/2007)

By Jessica From Indiana

Uses for Foam Meat Trays

I saw on a craft show they made stamps to stamp ink with using the meat trays. You can either cut the foam into simple shapes like hearts and stars etc or cut out a rectangle and then using a pencil create a design. Seemed like they either glued an empty thread bobbin to the back or made a handle loop with masking tape to help pick up with.

Black styrofoam meat tray against a white background
Uses for Styrofoam Meat Trays
Styrofoam Ice Chest
Crafts Using Styrofoam Ice Chests
Styrofoam Packing Peanuts
Recycling Styrofoam
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers