Uses for Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has a long history of being used for medicinal purposes. New applications are being found. This is a guide about uses for tea tree oil.

I have a German Shepherd that has to have baths due to a yeast situation on her coat, etc. I have to get her bathed and have it be efficient. I have tried bathing by putting shampoo on a dry coat. That never works. The next time, here is what I did. Keep in mind this recipe is for dogs:

Instead of spending good money on expensive insect repellent, dab a few drops of tea tree oil on most of your pulse-points like your wrists, behind the ears and knees. Don't forget to dab a drop atop of your cleavage, ladies!

I have used this for years as a repellent and if you forget to use it, it will also heal bad insect bites. I personally love the smell too.

By Jeta from Cumbria, UK

Using 2 cups of water and several drops of pure tea tree oil will clean dirt off windowsills, and clean mostly anything wooden. Also use tea tree oil, diluted with water and sprayed on a child's hair, keeps the lice away. I have done this. It has a strong smell but we finally got rid of the lice problem a couple years ago. Also apple cider vinegar works too. I use it to comb the stupid things out. Thank God we have not had that problem for a long time. KNOCK ON WOOD it stays that way.

Source: Tips collected from other groups.

By Randa from San Marcos TX

Looking for home remedy for pet with hot spots or best place to purchase tea tree oil shampoo.

BT from Gettysburg, PA

1800petmeds.com

jefferspet.com

i couldnt find a homeade recipe for it,sorry.

The best 'tea tree oil' you can find will be from Melaleuca.com. Through the website you can find a local person to buy from--Melaleuca Alternafolia is the purest tea tree oil out there--grown in a protected place in Aust.--and Melaleuca makes great products, all to help not only your dog, your shampoo, but also in cleaning agents for the household!

I use a shampoo from Sally's Beauty supply. It's paul mitchell's tea tree oil shampoo, but Sally's has a generic version, called Generic, haha. It's in a white bottle with a black cap. It should be close to the paul mitchell or in with all the other generics. The small bottle costs about 5 bucks, and the huge bottle is like 10 dollars. It lasts a long time. It also has peppermint in which soothes the skin. I use this on my cat who has sever skin problems and I have used it on the dog who has hots spots as well. I also have a very sensitive scalp and I use it once a week to keep my skin from hurting near my part.

Another perk is that I've found it lathers and rinses much easier than pet shampoo for skin, which felt more like dishwashing liquid than shampoo.

Hope that helps!

I buy my Tree Tea Oil Shampoo and Conditioner from http://www.Aloetherapy.com Very reasonable and a good Aloe Vera company. Aloe is in their products and it is very good for the skin. Very soothing and healing.

I agree with the 3rd posting, that Melaleuca has the best tea tree oil, there is no cancer causing agents, and all there product are healthier, safer for your family, pets, home and envirorment. If you would like more information on these products or have any questions, I would be happy to help you. Just e-mail me. Jpcasino17@aol.com

You can add about 10 drops of TTO to regular baby shampoo, or 10 drops of TTO to 8 OZ of warm water. Rinse the dogs with it after bathing, or mix in spray bottle. It really works on hot spots on my dog. We finally found out it was the dog food that was giving him hot spots. Now he eats lamb and rice food.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can add tea tree oil to any handsoap? And if so, how much and what kind of soap is best? Or is there a good hand or body soap already made using tree tea oil?

Nailfanatic from Poteau, OK

I wouldn't see a reason why you couldn't use tea tree oil in liquid hand soap. I use 10 drops in baby shampoo for washing the dogs with, thats about 20 ounce bottle. so one drop for every two ounces of fluid would work.

wwwaloetherapy.com sells a Aloe and Tree Tea Face and Body scrub soap. Very good for Acne skin. Only costs around 12 dollars a jar.""

Trader Joe's has some tea tree oil products (soaps, shampoos, etc.) at really decent prices.

Have you heard of Melalueca? The primary ingredient in their hand soap, laundry soap, dish soap, pet shampoo, pharmacueticals, etc. is Tea tree oil. We've been using their products for years and they work great! I'd love to tell you more about it if you are interested. send a reply to ms_laura_jean at yahoo dot com

I ADD ABOUT A TABLESPOON TO MY CHEAP SUAVE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO AND ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT TO MY GENERIC LIQUID HANDSOAP. I BUY THE TEA TREE OIL AT WAL-MART. I LOVE THE CLEAN SMELL.

Yes you can add it just like you'd add any other essential oil - I think the standard am't is around 1 tsp. or so per pint???

I use straight tea tree EO on bites, cuts, blemishes, w/ no ill effects & have very sensitive skin.Just keep it away from eyes!

& keep it away from cats as well - it will make them very sick.

I have been making my own for years since I saw on the bottle "contains 2% melaleuca..." So for 200 ml I add 4 ml tea tree oil.If you put more than about 2% the liqiud soap breaks down all runny, honey

In American I would say [...just goes to check with syringe and teaspoon....]

1 3/4 teaspoons of oil to 1 cup of soap eg Johnson Baby soap

Alberto Vo5 has a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and Conditioner out on the market. I've found them both at Walmart and at Family Dollar store. Some of the bottles currently have coupons attached to the bottles, for .25 cents off 1 bottle, & it doesn't expire till 6/30/06 & can be doubled, if allowed in your area. It sure helps my scalp when it gets itchy.

Will tea tree oil kill lice on humans? If so, are there any side effects?

By K

What are the side effects of spraying a small dog with bad case of fleas with diluted tea tree oil directly onto the coat?

By Kayann from Muswellbrook, NSW, Australia

Can I use tea tree oil on my neck for a fungus?

By mrchubbybuns from Monterey Park, CA

Dermatitis, dry skin, fungus, corns, and athlete's foot are just a few skin problems that we all face at one time or another. Generally, dry skin brushing and using a body lotion with tea tree oil added will help to repair and smooth the injured skin. Bathing in tea tree oil is therapeutic and soothing for tired muscles. Add ten drops of the oil to a warm tub and soak for twenty minutes. It is not necessary to use much oil; I once had a call from a woman who added an entire ounce to her tub, sat in hot water and her skin turned bright red. Remember, a little goes a long way. Good luck.

My husband and I had a skin condition, red blotchy looking and I went to the dermatologist. It went from our hair line, neck and down our backs. He told me to use products like Head and Sholders, or Selsun Blue. The doctor told me it was a fungus that starts on the scalp and moves down from there. Also, use Lotramine salve on the areas that you can see. We did and it went away. Sometimes it comes back on my husband (he works outside and I think this causes his to return because he sweats more than me) I simply get the Lotramin salve and Selsun again and in a few weeks it is gone. Hope this helps if this is your problem but remember this I can't diagnose the problem only a doctor can.

Yep, tea tree oil is good stuff. If you really want to kick it, mix some tea tree oil with some oregano oil in a little bit of vodka to dilute and disperse. Shake well and dab on. I cured a horrible case of thrush (horse hoof fungus) with this recipe.

Good luck!

ps, also look up earthclinic.com for more good info

I am attempting to try my hand at growing a potted plant again, it's an airplane/spider plant. I have just recently put a start in a hanging pot. My problem is the fact that I have a large number of indoor cats! I took 4 Q-tips and lightly moistened the tips with tea tree oil and laid them along the inside edge of the pot, to deter them from bothering the plant as they dislike the smell. My concern, will the smell bother the plant? I hope not, because, so far, this is working like a charm, and will be the perfect way to protect my plant!

Many thanks for any advice given,
Linda from Southeast Iowa

When my cat tries to get into the dirt of the plants I sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on the dirt. The cat will not bother the plant again.

My cat loves spider plants and the only thing I have done to get the cat to not eat the leaves of this plant is to put it out of the cats reach.

No Tea tree Oil will not hurt your plants.

Denise McCall

http://www.MyBerryTree.com/bt97975

How do I use thyme and tea tree oil to get rid of bedbugs?

Asif Nayani from Karachi, Pakistan

I have been reading a lot about bed bugs lately because I have them. I guess they sell thyme oil. Someone also said they used powdered thyme. The person sprinkled the thyme all around and left the window open and he said they would leave. I think also you spray your mattress with tea tree oil. Also heard of someone sprinkling thyme on their mattress. If you encase mattress and boxsprings in plastic covers the bedbugs will die because they can't get out.

I want to save water and would like to use my bath water to water my garden, but I used 5 drops of tea tree oil in my bath, will this harm my plants?

By Mike

How do I use tea tree oil on plants to help stop mold? Can you give me a solution to make?

By Karla B.