Uses for Tennis Balls

Tennis Ball on White Background
Other than the obvious there are a number of additional uses for tennis balls. This is a guide about the uses for tennis balls.

For a do-it-yourself back massage that works every time, try this: Place two tennis balls into the toe of a man's long tube sock. Hold the sock by the top and lower the toe of the sock (with the balls inside) over your shoulder and onto your back. Place the balls where your back aches and lean up against a wall. Now bend your legs and move your body up and down and back and forth. The balls will roll over your ache and relieve your pain. I love it and use it often.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Top Comment

I use this too, only I lie on the balls on the floor or bed. It is a wonderful way to break up those muscle knots/spasms that nothing else seems to relieve. It's well worth the cost of a few tennis balls.

Cut a tennis ball in half, cut a hole in the bottom, and slide up your paint brush to catch drips. You can use the other half in the kitchen to open tight jars, just put the tennis ball over the top and it will make it easier to grip. It opens jars easily.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

A lot of people take a tennis ball, cut it in 4 directions and put it on the bottom of a walker to prevent dragging the legs of the walker. This also keeps the walker from damaging hard wood floors.

Teachers also put tennis balls on the bottom of student chairs to keep the noise level at a minimum and to save the waxed floors from damage.

By Gem from VA

Make lively curtain rods with tennis balls. For my living room curtains, I bought a wooden dowel and mounted it above the window. Then I took two tennis balls, cut a circle (or just a slit) the size of the dowel in each one, covered the balls with fabric, and popped them on each end of the dowel for a perfect decoration. Nobody knows the curtain rod is made with tennis balls!

By Jo

Take a ping ping ball and pierce a hole in it on each side (2 holes). Thread a string through it and tie in your garage against the car windshield to the exact place where you need to pull in the garage for a perfect fit. No more hitting the garage back or closing the door on your car!

Source: My father in law!

I am always searching through my purse for my loose change, so I decided to cut a slit into a tennis ball. I put all my change into it, now I can find my change without having to search for 10 minutes.

You can also use a tennis ball to protect a padlock. Cut a slit in the ball and slip it over an outdoor lock to prevent it from freezing.

A good gardening friend of mine uses tennis balls to make a gardening frame and found that the tennis balls are useful for bluetits too, Take a look at the photo of the bird using the tennis ball on this website:

http://mygarden.rhs.org.uk/blogs/miranda_hodgson/archive/2012/04/14/bluetits-find-a-good-use-for-tennis-balls.aspx

Source: http://mygarden.rhs.org.uk/blogs/miranda_hodgson/archive/2012/04/14/bluetits-find-a-good-use-for-tennis-balls.aspx

By Richard from UK

This is a guide about using tennis balls in the dryer. Tennis balls are a great alternative to dryer sheets for softening your laundry as it drys.

A single tennis ball on a white background

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

You can make a small slit in a tennis ball and put them on the tips of walkers. Often, walkers can catch on carpeting, especially in offices or homes that the users aren't familiar with.

I have a box full of tennis balls that are old and beat up from when my son used to play tennis in high school. Does anyone have any imaginative or practical uses for these?

Best Answer

You can make a cute little puppy by gluing 6 balls together..Glue four as a base to represent the four paws...glue another one on top for the head and a 6th one for the behind. Add floppy ears, a pompom nose and cute little plastic eyes on one end and a tail {be creative. Perhaps a miniature tennis racket for a tail} Makes a great paper weight for a tennis player.

Harlean

There are no coincidences in this life!

Best Answer

Make great covers for trailer hitch balls

Best Answer

In our yoga class we use them to massage our feet. We do this by balancing on one leg and rolling the tennis ball around with the sole of the other foot. You can vary the pressure and the timing depending on your own preference. (Don't knock it unless you've tried it.) Feels great!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Hey! I saw a really neat idea for an old tennis ball--cut it open and put over padlocks that are exposed to the elements! I had never seen this before--must keep it from freezing. Love all the tips!! - Diane

Best Answer

This may not be what you want, but my volleyball coach had the boys slit 2 tennis balls, fill them with pennies, tape the two together with LOTS of duct tape. They used them as weights for their overhand swing exercises. I use them when I walk on the treadmill...

Anonymous
Best Answer

Pack-o-Fun had a really great Santa ornament made from a tennis ball only required a small santa hat or one you make your self from felt and markers. Draw the face, glue on the hat and add a hanger. - Arnetta

Anonymous
Best Answer

One use for old tennis balls is to give them to nursing homes and assisted living places. They can put them on the bottom of walkers, to help the elderly to not fall. Also, you might give some to dog kennels or vets, for the dogs to play with. Our 2 dogs love them! Hope this helps. - Wanda

Best Answer

At my daughter's school, they cut x's in the tennis balls and slide the legs of the children's chairs into them. No more distracting squeaking every time a child moves his or her chair. I'm sure any school teacher would be happy to take them off of your hands.

Best Answer

Check with your local animal shelter. Old tennis balls make great toys for the dogs.

By guest client (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Not sure I saw this one in the list... cut a slit in a tennis ball and store change in it. I keep a tennis ball with change in it in my glove box.