Uses for Used Tea Bags

Category Reusing
Used Tea Bag
After brewing a nice cup of tea, you may be looking for ways to use those bags. There are actually quite a few uses. This is a guide about uses for used tea bags.

Don't throw out your teabags after you've used them to steep your tea. Drop them in your warm soapy dishwater and they will help break down the tough grease that clings to your dishes. Magic!

Hi,

This is a great idea~Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous

Does it matter if it's caffeinated or not? This is really cool. Looking forward to hearing from you.

You're welcome!

I believe herbal will work, as well. They have tannins just like other teas!

Sherri Powell3 found this helpful

Awhile back, I accidentally spilled some bleach on my dark brown carpet, turning it a yellow color. I didn't want to mess with the expense and hassle of dyes, etc. So, since we drink tea on a very regular basis, I took the tea bags after brewing them, and squeezed the excess juice out on the stained area. After just a few times, you couldn't even tell that the bleach was ever spilled.

I'm finding that I'm going through a lot of tea bags lately, and as good as it is to throw them in for composting, I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other uses?

Chicky from UK

I save my old teabags, dry them out, and then put them in a large glass jar. When I need a pick me up, I immerse the used tea bag in hot water, and then place on my eyes for a spa like treatment.

once cool, you can tear open the bags, dump onto a plate and spread out, let dry, and then dump on the ground around any acid loving plant such as evergreens, roses, rhodendrun, azealas, pines, even in the garden, etc. also good are crushed, rinsed, dried egg shells. both add essential nurients to the soil. plants just love them and will say thank you with healther foliage and flowering in no time. biodegradable, non-toxic, free and recycling. who could ask for more?

Are you artistic? There is a website that has art made with coffee grounds. perhaps the same could be done with tea leaves in the bags.

For potpouri, I simmer whole cloves, cinnamon, etc on the stove. A small pot lasts for a few weeks and I keep adding to it....orange peels, used tea bags, etc!