Uses for Used Tea Bags

After brewing a nice cup of tea, you may be looking for ways to use those bags. There are actually quite a few uses. This is a guide about uses for used tea bags.

Used Tea Bag
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm finding that I'm going through a lot of tea bags lately, and as good as it is to throw them in for composting, I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other uses?

Chicky from UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For potpouri, I simmer whole cloves, cinnamon, etc on the stove. A small pot lasts for a few weeks and I keep adding to it....orange peels, used tea bags, etc!

Read More Answers...

Awhile back, I accidentally spilled some bleach on my dark brown carpet, turning it a yellow color. I didn't want to mess with the expense and hassle of dyes, etc. So, since we drink tea on a very regular basis, I took the tea bags after brewing them, and squeezed the excess juice out on the stained area. After just a few times, you couldn't even tell that the bleach was ever spilled.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 9, 2013
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 4:44:32 PM on 10.0.1.204 in 269 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.