Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Uses for Used Tea Bags

Used Tea Bag

After brewing a nice cup of tea, you may be looking for ways to use those bags. There are actually quite a few uses. This is a guide about uses for used tea bags.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: New Use for Used Tea Bags

Awhile back, I accidentally spilled some bleach on my dark brown carpet, turning it a yellow color. I didn't want to mess with the expense and hassle of dyes, etc. So, since we drink tea on a very regular basis, I took the tea bags after brewing them, and squeezed the excess juice out on the stained area. After just a few times, you couldn't even tell that the bleach was ever spilled.

By Sherri Powell

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Uses for Used Tea Bags.

Question: Uses for Used Tea Bags

I'm finding that I'm going through a lot of tea bags lately, and as good as it is to throw them in for composting, I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other uses?

Chicky from UK

Most Recent Answer

By Kim03/17/2007

For potpouri, I simmer whole cloves, cinnamon, etc on the stove. A small pot lasts for a few weeks and I keep adding to it....orange peels, used tea bags, etc!