Browsing: Uses for Used Tea Bags

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Used Tea Bags

After brewing a nice cup of tea, you may be looking for ways to use those bags. There are actually quite a few uses. This is a guide about uses for used tea bags.

Used Tea Bag
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 15, 2007 Flag

I'm finding that I'm going through a lot of tea bags lately, and as good as it is to throw them in for composting, I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other uses?

Chicky from UK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I save my old teabags, dry them out, and then put them in a large glass jar. When I need a pick me up, I immerse the used tea bag in hot water, and then place on my eyes for a spa like treatment.

once cool, you can tear open the bags, dump onto a plate and spread out, let dry, and then dump on the ground around any acid loving plant such as evergreens, roses, rhodendrun, azealas, pines, even in the garden, etc. also good are crushed, rinsed, dried egg shells. both add essential nurients to the soil. plants just love them and will say thank you with healther foliage and flowering in no time. biodegradable, non-toxic, free and recycling. who could ask for more?

Are you artistic? There is a website that has art made with coffee grounds. perhaps the same could be done with tea leaves in the bags.

For potpouri, I simmer whole cloves, cinnamon, etc on the stove. A small pot lasts for a few weeks and I keep adding to it....orange peels, used tea bags, etc!

April 21, 2001 Flag
Sherri Powell3 found this helpful

Awhile back, I accidentally spilled some bleach on my dark brown carpet, turning it a yellow color. I didn't want to mess with the expense and hassle of dyes, etc. So, since we drink tea on a very regular basis, I took the tea bags after brewing them, and squeezed the excess juice out on the stained area. After just a few times, you couldn't even tell that the bleach was ever spilled.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 9, 2013
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 8:33:35 AM on 10.0.0.111 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.