Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

I receive medication in a small styrofoam ice chest. What I would like to know is there a way I can create something out of these so they could be useful?

Tombets91 from Sanford, FL

Answers:

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

Right away I thought of a Christmas decoration my son tore up years ago. Use this to get yourself brainstorming. You can easily take fabric and push pins, and cover them to make attractive store boxes, doll stands, or a cute festive scene.

By Jbay78

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

Are they big enough to become lunch boxes? They might also be good worm boxes if there are any fishermen or women in your life. If they'd hold a can or two of soda, they might be good for keeping a soda cool in the car this time of year. If they're big enough for food/drinks; you might contact your local Meals on Wheels and see if they could use them.

By Jilson

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

Thanks for the great ideas. I love decorating for Christmas, my husband does a lot of fishing and Meals on Wheels is a great idea.

By Betty

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

If they are large enough you could use them to bring fish and meat home from the grocery store. Just throw a little ice in before you leave home. With this hot weather food spoils so quickly. Plus, if you get a bit of fish or meat liquid in you won't mind disposing of it. Take care!

By Hannah

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

We keep some in the trunk of the car for bringing home frozen food. Also, I saw an article awhile back that recommended painting them with antiquing or other paint, poking holes in the bottom, and using them for attractive planters. The ones in the picture gave no hint of their origins. Are they big enough for that?

By coreenhart

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

I use to live in Sanford FL, what a small world. depending on the size of the styrofoam boxes you can make a snowman family. snowmen don't have to be made out of round things. or cover them to make gingerbread houses or easter/haunted houses or easter baskets. Glue and stick pins easily attach almost anything to styrofoam.

By gretta in OK

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

Why not give them as "happys" to the teens in your family or neighborhood. They could use them when going to the beach for a few cold cokes (if large enough) Or how about new mothers to keep those bottles of formula cool during this hot summer or medicines that must be kept in the 'fridge while they are out shopping etc.

By Mona from Miss.

Uses for a Small Styrofoam Ice Chests

A creative lady in our community had an over abundance of those little coolers a number of years ago. She covered them, inside and out, top and bottom, with pretty print fabric. The outside would be one print and the inside a coordinating print. She padded the lid with some polyester batting so it looked pretty and puffy and always had some lace or trim of some kind on it. Everything was sewn. There was no glue anywhere. I believe she sewed what she could by machine then finished them out by hand with neat tiny stitches. The fabric fit over the styrofoam very tightly and smoothly. They were beautiful. Women practically fought over them at church bazaars, even tho they were quite expensive! I know I didn't feel that I could afford to buy one! Each completed "box" had a brief letter in it explaining that medication had been delivered in it for this woman's husband who was seriously ill and that making the boxes was therapy for the wife. She asked for prayers for her husband and family. I'm sure the profit made from selling these was helpful to the family because insurance never covers all the additional expenses we have during an illness.

I'm a sucker for pretty boxes and baskets to store/hide things in. My only problem is remembering what I put in those pretty containers! LOL

By Grandma Margie

Uses for Small Styrofoam Ice Chests
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Styrofoam Ice Chest
Crafts Using Styrofoam Ice Chests
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers
🎉
🎄