Using Acidolphilus For Dogs' Ear Infections

Can I just give the dogs acidolphilus which is found in yogurt to ease the ear infections?

Marie

Answers:

Yes. you can give dogs about anything that you would give a baby according to our vet. I would also recommend that you try some homeopathic ear relief either in pill or drops. Just ask at a natural foods store. Hope you can get this whipped! God bless! (06/12/2008)

By velsgal

I'm not sure about that but when our dog had a reoccurring ear infection. I took her to the vet three times. The medication that the vet gave me to use on our dog didn't work. I used a prescription cream that I had left from when I had a yeast infection. I applied it to her ear for about three days and it worked and never reoccurred. (06/13/2008)

By Juneanne

WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR YOUR OWN? no, because ear infections are very painful. Please take your dog to the vet. It's a total bargain compared to the cost of people care. This will be a simple appointment and dispensing of a product, probably less than $80. What would you say to a parent of an infant with an ear infection if they were unwilling to spend that for their crying baby? (06/14/2008)

By kimhis

Acidophilus will help build her immunities, but will do nothing to treat an active infection. (06/15/2008)

By susanmajp

I had two Lab Dogs over the yrs that both had constant ear infections, As fast as I got them cured it would return again, Nothing the vet Prescribed seemed to last,

My First Lab, it turned out to be water. He loved water so much, whenever he saw any, even in a bucket. He would bury his head and blow bubbles then try to catch them. This put water in his ears and kept the cycle going, My second Lab to have ear problem (my current lab) I treated him with so many different things, Nothing would last, It always came back, So I started looking into his food being the culprit, I was right to do so, He cannot tolerate wheat of any kind, After removing it from his diet, he has been free of ear infections for almost a year now. Many many dogs are forming more and more intolerance and allergies to the foods they eat, and constant reoccurring ear infections is one of the signs to watch for. (06/15/2008)

By Chicklet

I have a pug. She used to get frequent ear infections. Up till now, she hasn't had an ear infection in probably 5 years. I treat her regularly with Nutribiotic Ear Drops. They have grapefruit seed extract and tea tree oil in them. However, I have been sick and so I neglected to use the ear drops on her for a couple weeks and now she has a dandy infection. I have started agressive treatment again with the Nutribiotic twice a day, vitamin C, and liquid echinacea and acidolphilus.

The last time before this, about 5 years ago, I took her to the vet for an ear infection. He did some fancy lab tests and charged me over $75 for all that, and sent me home with some stuff to put in her ears. She got worse over the next couple of days. I called the vet and told them she was not responding to the medication they gave me and asked what it would cost me to bring her back in. Another $50 for the office call plus whatever it costs for more lab tests! I thought, I just wasted over $75 for a misdiagnoses, I am not going back. I had some antibiotics here that I take for dental appointments, so I opened up a capsules and gave her half in her food and again at bed time and repeated it the next day and the next. I saw rapid improvement within a day or two.
So, I will treat her at home for possible yeast infection for day or so and if there is no improvement, I will give her my antibiotics. Really, it's just a matter of elimination. (12/11/2008)

By Middings

A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎄