Uses for Aloe Vera

Woman Using Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural remedy for a number of minor skin problems, and known for it's health benefits when taken internally. This guide is about using aloe vera.

I have always known that the aloe vera gel from my plants were a good healing plant for scrapes, burns and wounds. It has been used for thousands of years. I have since discovered many more uses for this plant.

Aloe absorbs quick through the skin and reduces swelling as well as pain. It works well for sprains, muscle pain and arthritis. Just rub the gel all over the sore area.

I squeeze the gel into ice cube trays and freeze, so you can also use it as an ice pack. I use it for headaches, it is very soothing. I use the ice cubes on my eyes when they are swollen from allergies or just lack of sleep. The ice cube of aloe is especially soothing if someone has a minor burn.

You can also just keep the gel in the fridge and rub it on cotton balls to use as a compress for your eyes. It is also a great make-up remover. This is one of my favourites; aloe gel reduces wrinkles because aloe regenerates skin cells. Use it for eczema, acne and sun age spots.

Apply gel to sunburns, blisters, cold sores, rashes and insect bites. It helps fight bacteria and avoid infection. It is excellent for cleansing and tightening your pores. Use the gel as shave gel, it keeps legs smooth,and reduces irritation from shaving. Another favourite use I discovered is that it prevents or fades stretch marks. Rub the gel on the stretch marks and let it dry. Apply daily.

Apply gel to your hair, it's great for dandruff, psoriasis and hair loss from these conditions. Use it in place of your normal hair gel. Comb small amounts through your hair and style as usual. It also helps damaged or diseased gums. It will help with swelling and pain. It also helps fight tooth decay and reduces plaque.

There is so many more uses that I did not include. I am planning on buying a few more plants for wrinkles. I will let you know how it works!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I know sometimes when you have an anointment there is nothing more embarrassing then showing up looking sweaty. Here is a tip to to cool you off next time:

Use 3 Tbsp. of aloe gel and 3 Tbsp. of witch hazel. Mix together and apply to your skin. Use a misting spray bottle or just carry in a little container. You can double this up if you want. Also try aloe gel on the soles of your feet, this is suppose to keep you cool as well.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Do you have hemorrhoids? Do you have aloe gel, pure 99%? Apply and wipe away excess. It is much better than that greasy stuff advertised for the job. My tip was printed in a health magazine. I heard of this use years ago at an Aloe Vera in home party. It apparently shrinks blood vessels and cools for quick relief.

By Apeters from Northampton, PA

I discovered one day when I ran out of hair gel that 100% pure aloe vera gel works great as a hair gel.

By truerblue

This is a guide about using aloe vera for sunburns. Aloe vera is well known for its soothing effect on burns.

Woman hugging an aloe frond

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about homemade aloe vera juice. Typically thought of as a topical treatment, many people drink the juice to treat a wide variety of internal conditions and ailments.

Jar of Aloe Very Juice surrounded by chopped aloe plant leaves and a wooden spoon holding the gel from the inside of the plant

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do I process my own aloe vera plant at home?

Randi from Deer Lodge, MT

Answer Was this helpful? 1

In the UK you can get cream "bases" to which you add essential oils to make the cream of your choice. Also shampoo, showergel bases are available, generally from internet suppliers though some wholefood stores sell them. I presume you could add the sap to these for aloe products. Hope there's something similar available for you!

Processing is almost impossible unless one has acres and acres of Aloe growing AND THEN all the equipment/recipe secrets for processing the liquid, which is what I assume you are looking for? This plant grows like sunflowers down in Mexico, so it's really hard to try to compete with them. Just open the leaves when they are thick and use the liquidy

sticky gooey insides for burns, scratches, itches, and

mild rashes. Good luck and God bless. : )

How do i use aloe vera plant to treat my falling hair?

I need to know if I can use products of aloe vera in allergic disorders of my face? I am 50.

Thanks for your help!

Would I see results in 1 month using aloe plant juice on my lash so they can grow?

Can Aloe Vera Plants cure eczema?

How do I prepare Aloe Vera succulents as drink. Do I need to cook it first or can it be consumed directly (after removing the outer skin) as gel cut or blended in juices.

I am 45 and I look good, but I will like to look better as I age, can I sue aloe for the puffiness under the eye and prevent wrinkles? if so, how do I do it? How do I prepare the aloe vera?

I am out of money , but I have a plant and my daughter has a bad cold.

I have been using aloe right from the dirt for about 2 years now. You should only water the plant after the soil has dried then simply add more water, do not over water or you will kill the plant. Remember this plant is a member of the Cacti family. I think that aloe works better than most leading products, they seem to irritate my skin, aloe soothes my skin after I shave, heals pimples quickly and if I have a pimple that might leave a little scar guess what the aloe gradually removes the mark. I suggest the use of Aloe! I am a big believer!

Using ALoe Vera is the best thing to use and we should also plant Aloe vera men to protect it.

I wants know that how can i use the aloe vera plant on my face. Because I don't know how will make the aloe vera juice and cream. I need know that my skin is very delicate skin means pimple skin. So what I do. I want to ask how to use it. Kindly reply to me soon and My E-mail is jasskaur15 AT yahoo.com

Regards, Jasmeet Kaur

Jasmeet if you have an aloe vera plant at home. You need to cut open the leaves in two long slices and then using a spoon or knife scrape of the pulp from the leaves and collect it. Then wash your face and apply the pulp on your face using finger tips. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes but you can keep it for a longer duration as well. Make sure to use it regularly for at least a week you will definately see some difference. Also make sure you drink at least 5 liters of water daily.

I have an aloe vera plant in my home. How can I make use of it for diabetic, sun burn, weight loss, and joint pains. Please advise me how to make use of the plant.

By azeez from India

Answer Was this helpful? 1

First tip - plant your aloe in a large pot, and within a year or so you will have MANY aloe plants. They are SO useful for a diabetic! Any sore, scrape, ding, scratch, or burn you may have, you can heal with aloe vera. Break off a part of the stem and squeeze, then apply juice/gel to the injury. My tip is when your plant/s get big, you can harvest the gel inside the plant by scraping it with a spoon out of the green outside of the leaf: put this into a blender and make juice out of it, bottle it, and refrigerate or freeze for a longer period of time. This can be taken almost anywhere and used just as widely. It will heal sores inside your nose, ears, mouth, and almost any other place on your body except the eye balls. You can also drink this juice. It will heal up esophageal irritation, stomach sores, even irritations in the colon. Caution, though - it will give you diarrhea if you drink much at one time! This too, is a tip for those who have constipation. Drink Aloe juice. Aloe juice is a wonderful moisturizer. Apply it first, then a cream or lotion on top to keep the moisture in. Olive oil goes well on top of aloe, and is also a great moisturizer, though rather, well - oily. Go lightly! When in juice form, you can put into a spray bottle and spritz your face and neck in summer - it is very cooling and healing as well. Keep spray bottle in fridge for even cooler aloe on your face.

Can aloe vera be applied to the face directly from the plant? Will it have any adverse effect on skin? Will it cure eczema and improve skin color?

By Ashok

Nope, use it! Its completely safe unless your body is allergic to it. I always cut the ends of my plant if I need it for sun burns and etc.

I don't know that it will help with eczema or skin tone, but it's wonderful for scratches and burns. It's great straight off the plant. Slice open the leaf and apply the gel. Very soothing!

I stopped using moisturizers. Fresh aloe gel, used directly from the leaf is so effective & economical. I use it instead of a moisturizer & it works as a sunblock too.

How can I use the aloe vera plant on my face. I don't know how to use it direct from the plant. My face is oily. Thanks.

hemlata

I cut a leaf off the plant, cut the side stickers off and slice the leaf open so that you have two flat sides. Put one in a baggie in the frig. for later. Before going to bed, Use the other to wipe your face, keeping away from eyes and mouth. You can use it on your hands/arms also. Let the aloe dry, then wash it off in the morning. You can use a tiny bit of Crisco like you would cold cream instead of Aloe. It does work very well. GG.Vi

What all can you do with aloe vera?

By Faye

Use it on your skin for burns or sores. It is also used cosmetically in facial washes, etc. And the juice is drinkable. It makes nice looking potted plants.

How do you make aloe vera lotion?

By Ciera

There was a post about this a long time ago. I would do the search for you, but I am short on time. Look up "home made lotion." It was a combintaion of olive oil and aloe vera.

Can I use aloe vera gel on burn on my neck caused by bleaching cream?

By Fabiola E. from Union City, NJ

Is homemade aloe vera Juice good for diabetes?

By gebru from Annandale

Answers:

Diabetic Uses for Aloe Vera

I read an article written by a Washington and Oregon Licensed Naturopathic doctor who talks about aloe vera and the different parts of the aloe vera plant. He says all aloe vera is not the same, depending on how it is made. It sounds to me like he knows his stuff. I hope it will be helpful to you in deciding whether to use homemade aloe vera or not. pages.prodigy.net (06/30/2009)

By Fortunately

How can I use Aloe Vera plant for my hair? It is falling out and I want to help it regrow.

Mohini

Answers:

Using Aloe Vera For Hair Regrowth

I had the same problem after having 2 babies, close in age. I was exhausted. I take 1 tsp. of Cod Liver Oil every day. I am happy to say my hair has grown back in and is still growing. It also gives me a lot more energy. I only buy good quality fish oil at our local health food store. It is flavored like orange, lemon, or berry. Do not buy the cheap, bulk, unrefined stuff. You get what you pay for. (10/14/2008)

By leocat

I have read recently that "Aloe Vera Gel" can be used by diabetics to lower sugar numbers. I have some Aloe Vera plants. I am wondering about a recipe and/or directions to utilize these plants for medicinal use.

Holly-Jean

Answers:

Diabetic Uses for Aloe Vera

I'm diabetic, and I've never heard of using Aloe Vera to lower blood sugar numbers, but I have heard of using Aloe Vera soap on the bottoms of diabetic's feet to help with neuropathy. (12/31/2005)

By badwater

I have an Aloe Vera plant and was wondering if anyone knows of a 'recipe' for hand or face cream using this plant. So many creams, lotions and potions in the shops have it in them I thought someone may have a tip for making my own.

Thanks,
Trish

Answers:

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

Aloe vera plant has been used for fighting dandruff. A few Asian women whom I know, put it on there damp head and leave on for 15 minutes, then wash. Very silky, smooth & dandruff free hair. (01/22/2005)

By Sparky

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

For minor burns, (redness only), and grazes you can just snap a leaf off and dab directly onto the wound - very soothing. (01/22/2005)

By Jo Bodey

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

After I had my knees replaced, I bought an aloe vera plant and placed it in the bathroom. After my bath, I would just break off a leaf and rub it on the scar. You can hardly tell where the incision was. The surgeon was amazed. (01/28/2005)

By Peace

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

It's very soothing for a sunburn! (01/12/2006)

By Caity

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

For thicker, longer, and curler eyelashes just apply aloe vera juice to your eyelashes every night and achieve beautiful result!

For smoother skin, use the aloe vera juice to apply it on face. Let dry and wash off. Enjoy! (04/28/2006)

By Zameera