Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

Can I use cast iron cookware on my ceramic cook top?

By quiltnmemaw from Sheridan, WY

Answers:

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

No, it will make clean up a very big job. I tried it, and it took a long time to clean the stove. I got an electric hot plate to use with cast iron. I use the cast iron to bake with. It does a very good job. (09/10/2009)

By kffrmw88

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I don't see why not. My lady cooks all the time with a cast iron frying pan on our glass top stove with no harmful results. One thing we have to clean is the over spill. (09/10/2009)

By foxrun41

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I have used a cast iron frying pan on my ceramic cook top for the past three and a half years with no problems at all. I wouldn't use any other kind of frying pan. (09/13/2009)

By irisbird

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I use mine all the time, with no problems. Clean-up is no harder than with my regular cookware. You just have to be careful not to drop the pan/skillet since it is so heavy. And you have to pick it up and not slide it to another burner or it may scratch the cook-top. (09/14/2009)

By susanmajp

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I use both iron fry pans and large griddle with no problems. (09/15/2009)

By CAKEDEC

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I used metal pans on my ceramic cook top and it ruined and cracked it. I had to get another one but got a regular cook-top, the above is too hard to keep clean. (11/28/2009)

By kffrmw88

Using Cast Iron on a Ceramic Cooktop

I love my white ceramic stove top. It's easy and cheap to keep clean. Good old Comet, Ajax, or your favorite scratch-free powder bleach. Use a wet dish rag or sponge, wet soiled area, shake cleanser on those same areas, work around to a paste, let it sit, or work on it until it is clean! Anything left behind can be removed with a razor blade. (01/31/2010)

By kinsleyfox

I have used cast iron and i say no!! It leaves junk from the skillet burned on the stove. It is where my cast iron is seasoned. It gets gunking on the stove top. I always have to take a razor blade to clean off. Such a mess. I love cast iron. Wish i had gas stove

Glass Top Stove
Using Cast Iron Pan on Glass Top Stoves
Cast Iron Wood Stove
Cleaning a Cast Iron Wood Stove
Seasoning a Cast Iron Pan
Seasoning a Cast Iron Pan
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Removing Rust from Cast Iron
🎉
🎄