Using Chia Seeds

Using Chia Seeds
An annual herb that is traditionally grown in Mexico. The seed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and dietary minerals. It can add texture to many food and beverages. This is a guide about using chia seeds.

To get your Omega 3 vitamins into your kids, spouse or yourself, just rehydrate chia seeds in a jar of your favorite drink: grape juice, OJ, tomato juice or just filtered water.

Leave a jar with your favorite beverage and some chia seeds in it overnight. In the morning, the chia seeds will plump up like miniature bubble tea. It can be added to a full glass of your favorite beverage, going down easily! I don't think it takes that long to rehydrate the seeds, it was just convenient to leave it overnight for me. A few hours would probably do it.

Great for those of us who don't want/like to swallow lots of pills! I saw a very expensive juice in the healthfood store with the seeds in it and realized that I could easily create it myself for a fraction of the cost. Chia is high in Omega 3 and calcium and a great source of fiber too.

Cheers!

My tip is on using chia seeds. They help to cut cravings, lose weight without starving and be more energized. They also help with cholesterol, add healthy omega 3 oil and antioxidants. Just add to food before it's cooked. I put 2 tablespoons in a glass with 4 ounces of almond milk. Let stand for 30 minutes and then drink it. Chia seeds swell to 9 times their size.

Source: Dr Oz on TV, My Seed Chia and GNC

By Sherry from Valdosta, GA