Using Coconut Oil as a Moisturizer

Category Moisturizer
This natural oil is healthy for the inside and the outside of our bodies. This is a guide about using coconut oil as a moisturizer.

Has anyone ever used organic virgin coconut oil on their face as a moisturizer? If so, which brand has worked for you? What about cleansing your face, what has worked for you? Thanks for the advance tips!

Godiva from San Antonio, TX

Best Answer

I have used organic coconut oil as a facial moisturizer (body also). It was not greasy and seems to absorb easily. I need to buy some more. I used the Whole Food's store band. I think any organic coconut oil will do fine.

Best Answer

A few years ago, I had a paratoid tumor removed from in front of my right ear. I had quite a large incision.

On a forum site (for paratoid tumor patients) using extra virgin coconut oil was mentioned - to help keep the skin smooth, and minimize scarring.

It worked for me. I bought mine at a health food store.

Best Answer

Extra virgin organic coconut oil is the best skin moisturizer on the planet! All pure, nothing petroleum in it as many other moisturizers have.

ALSO, extra virgin coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats for our diets. Use it to cook with instead of olive oil as high heat will not affect it as it does olive oil. I also consume 3 tablespoons of it daily, AM, mid-day and PM. It will warm the body and helps keep the thyroid in good health.

Best Answer

A jar of organic coconut oil goes a long way. Here's a moisturizer recipe:

Moisturizer

• 3 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup organic safflower oil (another great one, it's a "dry" oil and is 30% vitamin E)
  • tablespoon of shaved beeswax or paraffin.
  • 10-20 drops of essential oil or tee tree oil (optional)
Melt this in the microwave on high for 30 seconds or until the wax is melted. Stir in essential oil if you are using it and pour it into a clean jar. Add 3 gel caps of vitamin E for very dry skin.

You can adjust the stiffness by putting in more beeswax, or melting again and adding more coconut oil or safflower oil

Great night moisturizer, dry skin cream, works on diaper rash too.

Best Answer

We moved to the dry valley of Arizona a year ago. I was using a good moisturizer from the health food store and still felt like my face was going to "crack" from the dryness.

I decided to use Organic Coconut Oil by Spectrum. I use a small amount on my face, wipe off any I feel won't be absorbed, apply my Bare Minerals make-up and I'm good to go.

I thought perhaps my face would be extra oily, but its not. My face feels "New York" normal again. This is the same oil I cook with, put in my smoothies, and also give to the dog as a supplement. I am very happy I am using it for so many uses.

Use equal amounts of olive oil and lemon juice your face will be perfect everyday-use at night.