Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

It is possible to to use coffee grounds more than once? How should they be stored? Do I need to add any extra fresh grounds to them when I use them a second time? Thank you for any help.

By yarnlady from PA

Answers:

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

I tried that way back, when coffee went sky high and everyone was talking about doing it. None of the methods suggested gave anywhere near satisfactory results. I would rather drink less coffee and have it decent. (06/01/2009)

By Mary T

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

In a drip coffeemaker: We re-use the grounds on the same day/morning. Add about half the usual amount of fresh grounds to the used grounds to get a second full pot of coffee. Fill water to the normal amount and brew. It is satisfactory for us. Rumor has it some churches and other social gathering places do this also. (06/03/2009)

By kidsNclutter

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

I agree with kidsNclutter but also a cone filter uses less grounds and makes stronger coffee, esp if you manually, very very slowly, pour the water in, a little at a time. We use a manual Melitta coffee pot/filter we buy at Amazon. We get good tasting coffee and use very little coffee, two small scoops per pot. The slower the water is poured, the better. Most coffee makers let the water through too quickly, so you need to use more coffee. (06/03/2009)

By karen608

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

Around here we call that Irish Coffee : ) as my older relatives love to reuse the grounds. I am Irish too, but I have never developed the taste for reusing the grounds. I think a reallg good cup of coffee requires fresh coffee grounds. It is one of my few indulgences. I think I will go get a cupt of hazlenut now! (06/04/2009)

By mulberry204

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

I always use my coffee grinds more than once. The first pot is 2 scoops and for the next ones I add 1 scoop until the filter is full. I just don't like strong coffee. It taste ok to me. (06/04/2009)

By Joyce wis

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

Unless you're a coffee snob, adding one half of the amount of coffee grounds for a second pot is just fine ;-) The taste difference is so minimal that it's worth the savings in money :-) (06/04/2009)

By Deeli

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

I'm not sure about using grounds more than once, but I do know that you should grind your own beans (at home or at the store) and grind them much finer than pre-ground coffee and you'll need way less for a great, stronger cup of Joe. A Dutchman showed me that 20 years ago. (10/06/2009)

By Lisa M.

Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

I agree 100% with Lisa M. I grind my beans fresh every morning, and I give them an extra little push of the button to make them extra fine. You use less and the coffee is great, strong too like I like it! (10/25/2010)

By LuannD

Roasted Coffee Beans
Saving Money on Coffee
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
🎉
🎄