Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden

I have several small flower beds around my home. I also use a Lot of coffee. Are there any suggestions for using the grounds from coffee to nourish my dirt, other than building a compost pile? Small yard/ close neighbors leaves no room for smelly leftovers.

Answers:

Roses and Azaleas

You can sprinkle coffee grounds around roses or azaleas and gently work into top of soil. Coffee grounds are great for any acid loving plants, BUT be sure the plants DOES benefit from added acid.
- Dani (03/05/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden

When I was working at a local hospital I noticed that the coffee shop at the main entrance would toss out their leftover coffee (not just the grounds) on the roses outside when they were closing for the evening. The plants were always in good health and had a plethora of blooms. (03/05/2003)

By O-mama

For Beautiful Roses

Save your coffee grounds. I save my coffee grounds and place them around my rose bushes. Ashes from your fireplace, also works wonderfully for beautiful roses.

By slacroix (03/12/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Evergreen Bushes

Coffee grounds are great for any type of evergreen bushes. I always take my leftover coffee and grounds and pour the liquid and bury the grounds around the base of the trees. (03/13/2005)

By SueBee

Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden

Coffee grounds can be used just to improve the garden soil. Also if you dig in leaves in the garden, add the coffee grounds with the leaves. Can also be sprinkled on lawn. I've never had a problem with too much acid. (03/14/2005)

By gardenway

Acid Loving Plants

I use coffee grounds around acid loving plants holly, evergreens azaleas. I put banana peels around roses. (06/15/2005)

By bjwebb

Free Coffee Grounds

Wow, banana peels huh? Amazing! I have been scattering my home brewed coffee grounds around plants. All seem to be doing well. Last week I realized for the first time that a local starbucks had free bags of grounds. Since last friday I have now taken 5 bags! I am putting them all over my garden, even just to darken the soil and give it that rich look! I do have an 'earth machine' (composter) which I am starting to use again. I have my own mulching machine, so I mulch just about everything and recycle into my own yard. I have some of the best blooms and plants on the block! I am hoping the coffee grounds will benefit my purchased baby redwood tree from Northern California. I lost several already. Only one remains! (08/03/2005)

By chris g/burbank ca

Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden

I took an old biscotti jar and placed it next to the coffee maker. We dump the grounds in to it every day and take it to the garden when it is full.

Where I used to work this girl drank black coffee and used to dump her "dregs" into this plant at the end of the day. It was the healthiest plant in the office. Then she switch to herbal tea. That poor plant was never the same. (09/15/2005)

By Wifezilla

ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
🎄