Using Crisco as a Moisturizer

Category Moisturizer
vegetable shortening in a bowl
Just about any oil can be used as moisturizer when used in moderation. This is a guide about using crisco as a moisturizer.

If you suffer from dry skin, or just want a good moisturizer, try Crisco. I know it sounds gross, but it really works well, is cheap and sinks in. The only problem I have found is that my dogs follow me trying to lick it off. ;)

Source: My doctor told me about this tip.

By Mina from Bonaire, GA

Top Comment

Grease in your clothing is a downside to this trick. My father-in-law was told to do this by his doctor. I wish his doctor had to do Pop's laundry! The grease would NOT come out, no matter what I did. There was just too much of it. And after a few months, his clothing began to smell rancid. UGH!

Top Comment

I use coconut oil, then wipe as much off as possible before going to bed. Wear cotton gloves!

This is for the middle of the winter.

Top Comment

Crisco was once known as "Miracle C" and studied by Universities for it's skin healing properties.

Top Comment

My sister has a friend that has used crisco to take off her makeup plus her eye make up for years and years. She uses a wash cloth to remove it, but I understand that the makeup hardly budges from the wash cloth when you wash it.

Top Comment

I do this in the winter. My skin gets especially dry then. After I get out of the shower, I smooth it on lightly. It usually is absorded and not a problem with being oily. Works great!

I know this will sound crazy to most of you but I use Crisco on my face and neck at night for a moisturizer! It takes only a very small amount for a light coat. My face has never broken out. It doesn't clog my pores and it makes my face feel soft in the morning. If you look at the ingredients, you'll find that Crisco is made with soybean oil, cottonseed oil and antioxidants. I just turned 50 in August and everyone says that I look like I'm in my 30's.

By Beth from Springfield, MO