Using Dried Garbanzo Beans

Pile of dried garbanzo beans on white background
Using dried beans in your recipes can be an economical alternative to canned. This is a guide about using dried garbanzo beans.

How can I use dried garbanzo beans in these recipes? Mine seems to stay hard no matter how long I cook them. Thank you.

By sp

Answers

Best Answer

Try soaking them in warm water for about three hours before you cook them. I tried this for some chili I often cook in the winter.

I use a baking method for my chick peas. And it is a huge hit, and everytime I make it-people go crazy about it. I dry the beans, put them on a pan with olive oil, bake for about 45 minutes, take them out, add salt and whatever seasoning you want.

When this happens to me...I blend them into hummus. Another thing I do that helps to soften beans is soak them over night and then put them, with the soaking water, in the freezer. I use a plastic container for this. Let them freeze hard...then thaw and put fresh water on them and cook. Hope this helps.

Hi, a question regarding your post. At what temp do you bake them? Also, after you bake them, then add the seasoning, how and what do you serve them with? Thanks!!!