Using Envirotex on a Backsplash

I am painting my countertops and am concerned about how my practice using envirotex went today. How do I use it for the back-splash part of the counter? Do I just pour a little and let is slide down toward the countertop?

By lognsky

Using Envirotex on a Backsplash

I've used Envirotex before and don't think the way you are suggesting will work because while you are pouring, it will just spread instead of building upwards.

I think you are going to have to build some kind of frame work, like two pieces of wood as wide as you want the back-splash to be thick, but thin (like the size of a paint stirrer), then a piece of plexi glass. Work in areas like maybe a foot wide. Stand this frame up where the back-splash is to go and pour the Envirotex in until it fills up the frame. Allow it to set up for a while, till it is thick enough not to run, but not so thick that the frame won't release. Keep repeating this process till you get the back-splash the length you want it to be.

Hope this works out for you. It is my best educated guess! God Bless. (09/22/2009)

By GrammySheila

Using Envirotex on a Backsplash
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash