Using Funnels in the Kitchen

Category Kitchen Tools
Colorful Funnels
There are many times when having a funnel or something to use as one is helpful in the kitchen. They are useful in cooking and organizing cooking supplies. This is a guide about using funnels in the kitchen.

I buy my spices in bulk and then pour them into spice bottles using a funnel. Although this is a good way to keep them from spilling over the counter top, they would clog in the narrow part of the funnel and I would have to keep pushing them through. I came up with the idea of cutting the bottom off of the funnel so that I had an opening of about 1 1/2 inches and now the bottles are easy to fill.

I also use the funnel for bottling the small amounts of jellies and pickles that are always left over when I make preserves. The regular size pickling funnel is too big for filling smaller bottles and using my customized funnel with the smaller opening avoids messes.

By mother of 5 from Nova Scotia

I cut the top off plastic soda bottles to use them as funnels. It has been a handy addition in the kitchen for me and the garage for my husband. I use the bottoms to start plants, organize my numerous small items in my craft room, or hold change at the end of the day.

By glenda from Chattanooga, TN