Using Hamburger Grease Instead of Bacon Fat

I don't cook much bacon, but I do cook a lot of ground beef. It seems like I should be able to use beef grease for anything that using bacon grease was suggested for, but I just wanted a 2nd opinion. What do you think?

By Nick

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes, you can unless you want the bacon smell of the bacon. However, since neither of these are good for you, I'd limit the use of these.

Can you say, "unhealthy?" The only thing I'd use beef fat for are: making suet cakes for the birds and making old-fashioned lye soap.

Hamburger grease just isn't the same. 1) the flavor isn't as intense. 2) it's not as 'fatty' as bacon grease. It is good though for making gravy for a beef roast, soup base, stew flavoring and for quick pop overs (Yorkshire Pudding) without a Prime Rib.

Potatoes fried in beef grease are gross, as are eggs, etc. Live a little and procure some bacon grease. There's nothing like biscuits or cornbread using bacon grease as shortening.

Uses for Bacon Grease
Uses for Bacon Grease
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsAugust 20, 2012
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:46:27 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.