Using Microsoft Outlook

Category Software
Woman using a PC.
Microsoft Outlook is a software package that can help keep your email, contacts, and schedule organized. This is a guide about using Microsoft Outlook.

How do I convert Outlook 2007 files back to Outlook 2003?

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Just to clarify

Are you talking about your outlook .pst files used with Outlook 2007?

If so, using the import export function in Outlook (either 2003 or 2007) will import .pst files created in 2007.

The correct way would be:

Open the Outlook 2007.

Go File then Import Export

and Export as a .pst

Save it to an easily accessible location (i.e Desktop or a USB if it's on another PC)

Go to Outlook 2003

File

Import Export

Then import the .pst

If it is an ost file from an exchange server then there are some OST to PST conversion tools like OST to PST Converter Kit. https://www.con  stconverter.html Otherwise you really need to open the pst files on a machine with outlook07 in order to do the export.

Just to clarify

The correct way would be:

Open the Outlook 2007.

Go File then Import Export

and Export as a .pst

Go to Outlook 2003

File

Import Export

Then import the .pst

Thanks for the advice. Your link was very useful for me! Thank you!

The past few days, I am not getting the pictures that usually go along with the tips in the ThriftyFun newsletter. I'm using Outlook Express, any idea why?

Thank you

Priscilla

I use Outlook Express myself and when I receive an email that contains photos there is someone that you have to do to open the photos. When you click on the sender's name to open the email the photos usually will not appear. Just above your inbox there is a statement which reads:

Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures.

If that doesn't work use the Contact Us on the ThriftyFun site and tell them what your problem is.

There is a little statement on each email"Click here to download photos". If you click it you'll get your photos.

Thanks for the responses--Maybe it was just a fluke but the pictures are back. I will keep these tips though in case it happens again.

I can't open photo's either,Tarlo

Is there a way to retrieve deleted e-mail from Outlook Express?

Joyce from Ottawa

If you haven't emptied your deleted folder, it is probably still there. If it has been emptied, then it's probably gone. Have the person resend the e-mail if possible.

I discovered by accident that if you go to your contact folder and open it up. Look for either your own name or the name of who the email went to or was from, open that individual folder, click on the activities tab and sit awhile and you will be amazed at all the email that comes up. It will be a long list nd you will have to go through the whole list to find it. Quite possibly the deleted email may be there. Good luck

Martha, where is the "contact" folder? What e-mail program do you use?

A user opens his Outlook Express 6, all Windows updates are up to date, this morning and finds that his inbox is empty. 200-odd messages that were there yesterday have disappeared. I have checked that the View is set to All Messages, and it is. No rules in existence. New emails arriving are adding to the inbox. Other folders (sent, deleted) have the same content as yesterday.

It seems to be the files related to the inbox had a problem, or physically got deleted, and OE6 just self-recovered by giving the user an inbox with nothing in it.

Is there anything I can do, other than scanning hard disk sectors for text, that may retrieve these lost emails?

if you do a search for inbox.dbx you might be able to find it and place it back in the folder where the files are stored. There is a chance that it became corrupted and it gave a blank inbox to replace the corruption. In my experience you probably won't find the inbox if it was deleted by searching it sector by sector.

Or

Outlook Express Repair Toolbox (Download) provides efficient way of Outlook Express database repair tool download so you may apply this software to fix DBX file issues, caused by various reasons.

When trying to import Outlook Express address book I get the error message "An error occured during the import process the import process could not be completed.".

Try exporting existing contents as VCF or LDIF and then you can import them into virtually any program needing contacts

Read more: http://communit  72/t/259455.aspx

How do I set up an exchange account for Microsoft Outlook so I can share my calendar with someone else?

By Mark from Hattiesburg, MS

Anonymous

Here are the instructions:

http://www.ehow  ange-server.html

My computer had some network difficulty. After shutting down I noticed my Outlook Express inbox was empty. When browsing to my OE folder I see two inboxes, 1) Inbox.dbx 10MB, 2) Inbox (1).dbx 75kb. How do I get my original inbox back? I'm running XP SP2.

Thanks in advance.