Using Neosporin on Dogs

Pet owners often wonder if an OTC first aid product is also safe to use on their pet. This is a guide about using Neosporin on dogs.

Neosporin
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can neosporin be used on my dog's eye injury?

Donna from LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"The warnings on the label apply to humans, not your dog. It is not manufactured to a standard for human eyes but is completely sterile and safe for your pets in small amounts, even in the eyes."

Why would you assume veterinary medications be manufactured to a lower standard than a human medication? Most veterinary medications are exactly the same as human medications and are often available from human pharmacies. What an ignorant statement!

Read More Answers...

My 7 year Dachshund has a fungal condition on his paws. I have tried shampoo and oral fungal medication. But it persists. He licks his paws all the time. I want to know if Neosporin is good for this condition instead of oral medications.

By Beatriz from Weston, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Athletes foot spray. Old fashioned vet gave me this advice says dogs pick up fungus same as people do. In public shower, in the grass. Simple, you can even use this on ringworm which is a fungus but do not spray into the eyes.

Read More Answers...
Pets Dogs HealthMarch 14, 2013
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
Cooking Hot Dogs in the Microwave
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 2, 2016 at 3:14:33 PM on 10.0.2.115 in 440 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.