Acne TreatmentSkin Care

Using Olive Oil for Pimples

I bought olive oil for pimples. I am wondering whether using olive oil is a good remedy? I have been suffering with pimples for the last 10 years. I just heard about olive oil.

By Jothirmy

No I don't think olive oil will help. Tea tree oil will help acne. Apply to pimples with a cotton swab, or cotton ball. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.

Olive oil is for eating; it is of no value in treating pimples. Go to your pharmacist and ask for his advice for good over the counter remedies for acne. If these do not work for you, it is time to see a doctor. There is no reason to have acne. There are effective treatments available, but none of them are home remedies.

I don't think olive oil would help either, it might only help for scars but not the pimples themselves. You can get infections and they spread so something stronger might help. I used to use toothpaste or Germalene on just one or two but if you have more a doctor would be more useful. Don't pick ... they leave scars.