Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Can I apply olive oil on my skin? I have oily skin and I get pimples. Is it better for my skin?.

Renu from Karur, India

Answers:

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Many products made for dry skin contain olive oil, so I don't think it would work for oily skin. (12/10/2007)

By perfume and powder

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

For oily skin with acne, it is good to use a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar. This mixture can have a powerful anti-microbial effect on blemishes. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, while the vinegar acts as a toning agent on your skin.

I have a list of home remedies for acne at my blog which can give you effective yet thrifty solution to your beauty woes. You can view the remedies here http://organicpassion.info/home-remedies-for-acne/

If you are looking for home mask recipes, do pop by my blog at http://www.organicpassion.info

Good luck.
(12/10/2007)

By organicpassion

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

I love coconut oil (from health food store) especially for under eyes. You don't really want heavy oils on the skin because it aids gravity. Olive oil is fine, as long as its natural. You may want to experiment with other oils like rosehip seed, apricot kernel, borage seed, or even almond oil. Your skin will love one the most.

As a redhead with sensitive skin, coconut oil lasts forever, you can cook with it, add it to the tips of your hair to deter split ends and put it all over your body. You might want to try a herbal cosmetic/carrier oil sellers to find different oils. If you add a few drops of carrot seed oil to the blend you have, it can help with wrinkles and prematurely aged skin and even add liquid vitamin E to it. Good luck. (12/17/2007)

By redheadrose

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Speaking from experience, no way. If you put oil on your skin, it will get worse. The best thing to do is wash it with gentle soap or a Clearskin acne-treating product several times a day, use a toner afterwards, and do not wear make-up. If you keep wearing foundation, the problems will keep occurring. Give your skin a chance, and then once it has settled down, go from there. Good luck. I remember how horrible my skin was, so please try my recommendations to benefit from my experiences. (12/19/2007)

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

I have used it on my hair as a pre-shampoo conditioner with acceptable results. For pimples see a dermatologist. Insurance companies cover the visit, because it is not considered a cosmetic visit. (12/29/2007)

By Londa

Using Olive Oil on Oily Skin

Yes, I think it works very well. My whole family uses olive oil on our skin; it works wonderfully. (01/05/2008)

By SJ