Using RIT Dye in a Washing Machine

How do I dye 20 white kids t-shirts with orange RIT dye in my washing machine?

dk

Answers:

Using RIT Dye in a Washing Machine

I love using my washer to dye items. The only thing I do different is run the washer as soon as you finish with only water and bleach. Also use you manners and never dye using public coin washer. You would hate it if someone did it and your clothes picked up their dye, don't risk dying someone else's clothes. (11/12/2008)

By Randa

Using RIT Dye in a Washing Machine

I always use RIT dye in my machine. I have never had any trouble with it coming out, or with it bleeding off the fabric. I also only use one package, but I always set my machine on low and never fill it too full. One pack is only suppose to dye a couple of things, so if you fill the tub full and stuff it with stuff to dye of course it won't dye well. Use salt and about a tablespoon of laundry soap. I use the longest wash cycle, and when it's almost done with the agitation part I reset it to agitate one more time. It's fun to make your own colors too, RIT has a chart with formulas for making more colors. (01/03/2009)

By lucine

Using RIT Dye in a Washing Machine

It should work well in the washer, just follow the instructions RIT dye provides and the washer shouldn't stain. If you are doing 20 shirts at once you may want 2 or 3 packs of dye. (02/28/2009)