Using Smaller Amounts

We have tried to teach our children that you don't have to use a large amount of soap or shampoo or toothpaste, etc. each day. Just a small dime to quarter size dollop of shampoo or conditioner will thoroughly wash and condition your hair. And remember, the more you put in, the more you have to rinse out! Also, we use more toothpaste than we need to. A dollop the size of a pea in the middle of the toothbrush is sufficient.

By Robin

Using Smaller Amounts

You can save money by using generic toothpastes and soaps and the kids could use as much. Also by adding a little water into those empty soap and shampoo bottles you may get a couple more cleansings.

There are homemade recipes for toothpaste, soap and (I am not so sure) shampoo is even good for the hair. Another thing the rinsing out ones mouth as many times a day as you can with just plain water. It has to get many of those food particles out off your teeth, plus help your breath. Several times in my life, I cured toothaches that way. They always seemed to happen on a weekend.

So if smaller amounts is better, mark me down. If you don't like to use smaller amounts, go generic or to your nearest Dollar store (01/25/2005)

By Mr. Thrifty

Acai Berries
Using Acai Berry
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Mixing Concrete at Home
Mixing Your Own Concrete