Using Vinyl Record Bowls For Food

I'd like to find out a very good, washable sealant to put on plastics so they can be used as washable chip dishes. I make vinyl record bowls, but when I use Modge Podge on them it seems to finally come off and ruin the designs I paint or glue on them. So I would like to find a stronger sealant to use on them. Any suggestions?

By mmandee219 from Spokane, WA

Answers:

Using Vinyl Record Bowls For Food

I think that I would put a clear plastic or glass bowl inside then you would not have to seal it. (09/16/2009)

By thriftmeg

Using Vinyl Record Bowls For Food

Use patio paint or an acrylic paint. (09/16/2009)

By thegoodlife

Using Vinyl Record Bowls For Food

I would only use them for chips or other dry foods. I'd feel strange about using hot and/or wet food in a dish with a home-applied sealant. The only information I know to back this up is that a lot of Mexican ceramic ware is labeled "not for food use" and these have designs painted inside. I don't have an address, but if you wrote a craft association, they could maybe help you. Look in a home crafts magazine for "sources" in the back. (09/17/2009)

By tennesue

Bowl made from a black vinyl record
Using Vinyl Record Bowls For Food
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
A bowl made with an old vinyl record.
Making a Vinyl Record Bowl
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄