Using Wall Glaze on Wallpaper

Has anyone ever used "wall glazing" over vinyl wallpaper?. I detest my bathroom wallpaper! I would like to glaze over it, giving it a "vintage or aged" appearance.

Sharon from Southern IL

Answers:

Using Wall Glaze on Wallpaper

I have. I did texture, paint, and glaze over wallpaper (couple layers deep). The trick is using an oil based primer, putting on your joint compound and then painting and glazing. When I glazed I used a wet rag and swirled it on the wall and then took a clean wet rag and removed glaze until I was happy. It looks good, you would never know there was wallpaper under it. (06/05/2007)

By Sherri

Using Wall Glaze on Wallpaper

Did you use the joint compound to cover the seams in wallpaper? Wasn't sure if that was what I needed to use. Thanks (06/05/2007)

By Frugal-Lady

Using Wall Glaze on Wallpaper

I didn't cover the seams. That oil primer is pretty thick once it is on the wallpaper and once you do the texture (the joint compound) it doesn't show. I did a "trowel" look w/my texture. I am sure you can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the eggshell texture in a bucket and put that over the primer also if you didn't want to go to all the work of texturing yourself. (06/05/2007)

By Sherri

Vintage wall paper design in brown tones
Using Wall Glaze on Wallpaper
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄