Using White Vinegar for Dandruff

I have a dry flaky scalp even after I wash it with shampoo and conditioner. A lot of people here suggest vinegar. But I was wondering what kind of vinegar? There's apple cider vinegar and white vinegar. How should I use it?

Thanks.
Anna

Answers:

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Apple cider vinegar will work. I know it definitely removes buildup and softens your hair! Just mix it as 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. Shampoo your hair and then rinse with your mixture. Work it through and rinse out. Be careful not to get it in your eyes as it will slightly burn them. Good luck. (08/13/2005)

By Jennifer

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

You can use either white or apple cider vinegar. I usually use white vinegar and about 1/4 of a cup of vinegar to 3/4 cup of water. I don't rinse it out, just towel dry it well and then blow dry. Hope this helps! You'll find your hair is pretty soft with this rinse, too. (08/13/2005)

By Luvyabye

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Have you tried using Head and Shoulders for Sensitive scalp? It comes in a bluish purple bottle? We use it and have great success with it.

Good luck. (08/13/2005)

By Michele

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Witch Hazel is an excellent astringent and you won't smell like a walking salad when you use it. It is very cheap at your local pharmacy. A few drops of your favorite essential oil gives a nice smell. (08/14/2005)

By snigdibbly

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

I use white vinegar. You can use it as a rinse as described above or put it in a spray bottle. Spray your scalp with the pure vinegar (no water) a few minutes before showering. Let it sit on your scalp and then shower/wash your hair as normal. (08/14/2005)

By Ann

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Use Zincon shampoo, work it into the scalp and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse. Use daily. (08/14/2005)

By cookwie

dandruff remedy

Try drenching your head with Listerine (don't use Scope or anything like that), being careful to keep it out of your eyes (not dangerous, just burns a bit).

Wait three or four full minutes before rinsing it out, then shampoo as usual.

You'll wonder where all the flakes went! (06/28/2006)

By Elisha

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Just check it is not your shampoo causing the problem. Pantene and L'Oreal colour leave my head itchy and flaky (huge flakes disgusting). L'Occitane Shea Butter Range, Phililp Kinsgley and Ojon seem OK and have cleared this problem. If not my mum used to use cider vinegar. (07/17/2007)

By Everybear

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

I used malt vinegar, it seems to work pretty good. (02/14/2008)

By Nate

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Severe dandruff (a thick rain of large flakes) may be psoriasis. Vinegar did not work. I tried Head and Shoulders, Nizoral, and salicylic acid shampoos - nothing.

Dermatologist directed:

1. Apply prescribed 0.05% solution of fluocinonide to scalp.
  2. Before washing hair, rub a coal-tar based shampoo into scalp and let sit for two minutes, then shampoo any way you like.

Most dandruff was gone after ten days.
(11/12/2008)

By Guest

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

You can mix the vinegar with chamomile tea which will help subside the smell of the vinegar and by using the tea you are treating your hair as well. Chamomile is good for your hair. The mix is very little vinegar to the tea. It is about 1 tablespoon of vinegar to a pint of tea. It works great and the smell is lessened. (02/06/2009)

By SandraDee

What kind of vinegar for dandruff?

Mix 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup witch hazel, and 6 crushed aspirins together and pour into a bottle. Use as a dandruff rinse. After shampooing, pour the dandruff rinse onto your scalp, rub in, leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse. Then you can can condition as usual. (03/19/2010)

By VinegarGirl

killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar With Apples and Cinnamon
Health Remedies Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Balsamic Vinegar
Using Balsamic Vinegar
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄