Using Your Leftover Vegetables

I found a great way to use leftover cooked vegetables. I liquefy them in the blender and then add them to my tomato sauce. It adds vitamins, but does not change the flavor. Also, if you have a very young one who is now on table food, and you are left with several jars of pureed vegetables, these too can be added to tomato sauce. These are two ways to use all the food you've paid for.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Using Your Leftover Vegetables

Make use of your leftover vegetables! I keep a container in the freezer for saving leftover vegetables for soup. Each time we have green beans, peas, carrots, corn (you get the idea) leftover from a meal, I combine them together and put them in the freezer container. When the container gets full, I make a large roast for one meal and then use the leftover meat and my freezer container of vegetables for a pot of soup.

(10/11/2006)

By Sherri

Using Your Leftover Vegetables

Sherri, awesome way to make good use of veggie leftovers. Thanks for sharing!

(10/11/2006)

By ~Wendola~

Using Your Leftover Vegetables

I do the same thing, Sherri. You just keep a freezer container in the freezer labeled "soup veggies" and then pile on layer after layer of leftover veggies on top. This is a great way to use up all those last little tidbits of leftover veggies from the dinner table to enhance homemade soup. Once you fill up the container, just dump the frozen lump into your next soup pot! Works fantastic. (10/11/2006)

By mef1957

Using Your Leftover Vegetables

You can also add mash potato to greens, carrots, etc. then mash together and put in pan with little oil and fry both sides till brown then serve with any meat you like. (04/09/2009)

By consShrly

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Using Leftover Vegetables
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
🎉
🎄