Using a Ziploc Bag for Frosting

Category Cakes
Frosting in Ziploc bag.
If you need to frost something but don't have a pastry bag, you can use a ziplock bag as a quick and easy substitute. This is a guide about use ziploc bag for frosting.

When making powder sugar frosting, why wash a bowl and utensil to stir with? Slip a plastic bag in a coffee mug and turn the top edge down over the rim of the cup. Put your ingredients in and zip the bag closed, mixing the frosting by hand.

When it is mixed, cut a small tip off of one corner, and squeeze the frosting out. If you want to frost solid, cut a larger hole and go back and forth in close rows. If you need a larger batch of frosting, use a gallon bag and a bowl.

You can add coloring and a small amount of powdered sugar to thicken the leftover frosting in the same bag for decorator frosting, just wash off the hole and tape it shut, then add your additions and mix carefully with your hands. Push your frosting to one side and slip in your decorating tip and away you go.

Throw away the bag instead of washing the dishes. Sit down with a fresh frosted cookie and a cup of coffee or tea instead.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

This is a great tip. I hate to make pwodered sugar frosting because I end up with it all over my kitchen trying to use my mixer. This will make it much easier & I can let my grandkids do it!