Using an Iron to Remove White Marks from Wood

Using an iron with old shirt idea worked 100% for a bad one that I had. Thanks for the tip. The key is not to use too much heat as I tried that once before and made the problem worse. Be patient and then use olive oil after to condition the wood.

Great trick. I've done the mayo and ashes thing. Not even close to same results

I had a small white circle from a glass - tried the iron but made the problem worse because I hit the steam button and then I had an entire white iron stain, LOL - luckily, tho I worked on it for an entire hour working on small patches and now I am about to put olive oil on it to preserve it. I was very surprised that it worked! Thank Goodness!

Worked great on a hot liquid stain. 3-5 seconds using a white pillow case and wiped immediately. Repeat if needed. Then light vegetable or furniture oil. We didn't have olive or furniture oil handy, so sprayed it lightly with Pam for temporary protection. Don't push the button on an auto steam iron. You want steam under the iron, not the jet.

Worked amazing. I used steam and it was gone in 5 min.

This worked like a charm for me. My table was an antique mahogany and I was devastated when i saw the cloudy spots.

Since ironing caused the problem on my red cherry triple dresser, I was gunshy to use that method to fix the damage (the surface had been covered with a flat of wood covered with a towel, still don't know how this happened). Another fix caught my attention. I cracked open a walnut and rubbed with the grain, a total of maybe six minutes, finishing with old cotton undies. Beautiful!! And, no risk of further damage.

So my problem was trying to match a butt stock from to the grip stock on a post 30-30 Winchester the wood on the stock a nice grained wood the hand grip a Chinese produced piece of junk. I wanted a medium walnut look. After sanding and smoothing the dents and dings or of both pieces, the hand grip was not even close. So I resanded and went and got dark walnut stain. Still 3-4 shades light. Here is the fix soak for 2hours wrapped in foil then bake for 20 min at 450 allow to cool reapply dark stain bake again for 10 min not wrapped apply stain thick as soon as removal then wipe Down 12 to 24 hours later I have a grained look and perfect match.