Pet PagesPets

In Memory of Vader (Chow Husky Mix)

Vader was a Chow Husky mix. My sisters Becky and Delma gave Vader to me in March of 1997, three months after I lost my first pup Darth.

Vader passed on Mother's Day of 2010, at the age of 14. He loved playing in the river next to our house, hiking, and riding in his bike trailer on our bike rides. Vader was not my pet, he was my son and my best friend. He brought love and joy to me in silly things he did. When my sisters gave him to me I wasn't ready, but as soon as I held him my tears of sorrow turned to tears of joy. Vader was a true blessing. I love and miss him everyday.

By Tangzmom from Hollister, CA

What a beautiful tribute to your son. I had a red chow-collie mix, Bear. He was my only son & I miss him horribly! I now have a 2nd son, Beaudreaux Joe (Buddy), he's wolf/blue heeler & spoiled rotten! Plus he has 2 sisters, kitties Sugar & Precious Jo! I love my 4-legged kids as much as my 2-legged!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

I also had my killer for 9 years after losing my husband my son an I were struggling. We went to a puppy farm. He was the smallest. I picked him up and put him down. 2 other people picked him up he stared at me constantly.

I picked him up an told the clerk make it work I'm leaving with this dog. He was a vegetarian smart. I would say to him that's not your yard he would look over his shoulder and shrug. I miss him so much. I had a cat for 19 years. I loved her, but killer holds the core of my heart, got us through losing Bobby and happiness I figured I would never feel again. Killer saved my son and I. We were on a downward spiral. Thank you, Killer. Love and miss you everyday. Killer was a black and tan chiwauawa. Never did learn how that's spelled.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I understand. I lost pets, too.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He looks like my dog Ben Ben. How cute. Do you have more pictures of this sweet little dog? Sorry for the lost. I grieve for a long time when I lost one of my dog. It was hard.

Reply Like this photo? Yes