Valentine's Day Heart Crafts

The heart is the symbol of Valentine's Day and the focus of many crafts created to commemorate the day. This is a guide about Valentine's Day heart crafts.

January 6, 2017 Flag

A simple useful Valentine can be a cute bookmark that you make. This is a guide about glittery heart bookmarks.

bookmark in book 1

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 2, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a bucket of hearts. These scrap fabric hearts make great gifts or can be used to decorate your home.

hearts in container 2

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 16, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about making hand warmers. A simple gift to make can be hand warmers. They can help hands stay cozy in your pockets when it's cold outside.

pink heart shaped hand warmer going into pocket

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 18, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a heart shaped wall hanging. A heart shaped wall hanging will make a nice addition to your holiday or everyday decor.

Gluing into heart.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about Valentine's day heart garlands. There are a variety of ways to fashion a fun heart themed garland to decorate for Valentine's day.

Valentine's Day Heart Garland

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 6, 2013 Flag

This easy to make paper heart decoration is easy enough for child to make. It's a nice Valentine's Day or Mother's Day project. This is a guide about making a Paper Heart Door Hanger.

Paper Heart Door Hanger

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2009 Flag

Three Surprise Hearts

Three Surprise Hearts

My husband purchased 3 hearts (4x3 inches) at a craft shop. He knotted them all together with a fancy knot (Sapajou). He put our names on them and surprised me by hanging them on our kitchen door!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Drill holes 1/2 from the middle of the hearts (below the top center point) and paint them red. Knot one end of the rope. String rope through each heart. Bring the knotted end of the rope up to the other end of the rope. Space each heart approximately 22 inches apart.

Between each heart, pull the center of the rope so that you have a loop. The unknotted end of the rope should be looped as well to match the two loops.

Take the knotted end and wrap around the loops about 6 to 7 times from top to bottom, leaving the wraps slightly loose because the knotted end needs to be slid in between the wraps so the knot comes out the top of the wrap.

Pull the knotted end while holding the bottom of the wrap so that the wrap tightens around the loops. Adjust loops and hearts as needed to align hearts in top to bottom order.

Click Here for the Three Surprise Hearts diagram and instructions.

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

February 13, 2008 Flag

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• plastic canvas
  • pastel yarns
  • red thread
  • scissors
  • large needle
  • needle
  • magnets
  • hot glue gun

Instructions:

I made these 4 plastic hearts in about an hour. I cut out the hearts from the plastic canvas, the size I wanted. I choose pastel yarn colors. I then finished the hearts and put little sayings I chose. I chose UR CUTE, Sweet, I LOVE YOU, and KISS ME in red thread. I hot glued a small magnet on the back and I hung them on my fridge.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

February 14, 2010 Flag

This easy-to-make accessory will dress up any blouse or cardigan on Valentine's Day.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

Draw and cut out 3 felt hearts in graduating sizes from each color of felt. Cut the largest one using regular scissors and the other two using pinking shears for a decorative edge. The largest heart should be about 3 inches. Cut a vertical slit in the middle of the smallest heart, then lay it on top of the middle heart as a guide and mark and cut matching slits. Repeat with the middle heart to make a slit in the largest heart. Glue the three hearts together, stacked on top of each other, as shown. Slide the heart over the top button of a cardigan or blouse.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

December 13, 2007 Flag

Cut lace about 14 inches, then fold over and sew a seam to slip a piece of 4 inch pipe cleaner in it. Make sure the lace is gathered. Then glue 2 red hearts in the center. I bought mine at a Dollar store.

By Gloria from Notre Dame, NB

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

February 2, 2010 Flag

This item is a quilted wall hanging. Hearts are attached with a blanket stitch and have ribbon strings attached to each heart. There are loops at the top for hanging on a rod.

wall hanging

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2009 Flag

A simple blanket made from felt squares.

white blanket with red and pink hearts

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 5, 2009 Flag

This can be made for any holiday just by changing fabric, so it's really universal. It's great for using up scraps, too. It's basically strips of fabric that is braided and shaped into a heart.

heart ornament

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2008 Flag

These darling little baskets are so quick and inexpensive to make that you'll want to make several for family and friends.

Finished basket.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 8, 2008 Flag

Cut a heart from your desired color of craft foam large enough to frame your photo. You may use decorative edge scissors, if desired. Cut smaller hearts of various colors from craft foam.

Heart shaped foam frame magnet.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 29, 2012 Flag

This is cute to hang in your kitchen. Kids can do this too, with help of course.

Completed hanging felt heart.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 14, 2012 Flag

This friendly heart pin will put a smile on everyone's face.

Heart Pin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 13, 2010 Flag

A super easy craft using only 2 feathers.

Ornaments on white Valentine's tree.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 30, 2009 Flag

Here is a simple and inexpensive craft for all your favorite Valentines. Paint one side of each heart and let dry. I left them overnight. Hot glue the right side of lace onto back side of each heart along the edge, following the contour of the hearts.

wooden hearts wall hanging

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 10, 2004 Flag

This is a craft project I used at a "nursing home" for residents with limited ability. Prepare the individual packet before hand.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 6, 2008 Flag

This is a quick and easy Valentine gift. I took a sponge and cut it into a heart shape (you can do any shape you like). Then I took different color acrylic paints and put them on to one side of the sponge.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Valentine's DayJanuary 8, 2013
Paper Heart Door Hanger
Paper Heart Door Hanger
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging
hearts in container 2
Making a Bucket of Hearts
Valentine's Day Heart Garland
Valentine's Day Heart Garlands
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:40:14 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.