Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Valentine's Day Heart Crafts

The heart is the symbol of Valentine's Day and the focus of many crafts created to commemorate the day. This is a guide about Valentine's Day heart crafts.

January 31, 2017 Flag

Brown Paper Hanging Heart Decoration

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This cotton stuffed brown paper heart decoration is inexpensive and easy to make. This is a guide about brown paper hanging heart decoration.

January 30, 2017 Flag

Pure Love Valentine's Day Magnetic Frame

Add a touch of Valentine's Day sentiment to your kitchen or office with this attractive magnetic frames. This is a guide about pure love Valentine's Day magnetic frame.

January 20, 2017 Flag

Valentine Heart Earrings

Hearts say Valentine's Day, but you can make these pretty earrings to wear all year long. This is a guide about Valentine heart earrings.

January 19, 2017 Flag

Candy Box Heart Shaped Wall Hanging

A heart shaped candy box, some knit scarf and fleece remnants, and a variety of buttons are all it takes to make this lovely wall hanging. This is a guide about making a Recycled Candy Box Heart Shaped Wall Hanging.

February 2, 2017 Flag

bookmark in book 1

This is a guide about making thumbprint heart bookmarks. Here is a cute Valentine's Day craft to do with children.

January 27, 2017 Flag

Rustic Style Heart

Cardboard, fabric scraps, and colored inks get you started on this rustic heart Valentine's Day decoration. This is a guide about rustic style heart.

January 26, 2017 Flag

A woven felt sachet in the shape of a heart.

Ribbon woven through a felt heart helps you create these beautiful handmade sachets. This is a guide about woven felt sachet heart.

January 26, 2017 Flag

A fused plastic heart for Valentine's Day

This recycled fused plastic heart bag is a great kid's craft for Valentine's Day. Learn how to make this heart craft in this step by step guide.

January 26, 2017 Flag

finished multiple doily door decoration

Colored paper backed heart shaped doilies can be made into pretty Valentine's Day door decorations. This is a guide about doily heart decoration.

January 26, 2017 Flag

Red and white heart wall hanging.

Painted wooden hearts and ribbon are used to create this pretty wall hanging. It is perfect for Valentine's Day and all year long. This is a guide about hearts and ribbon wall hanging.

January 26, 2017 Flag

Finished hearts - 3.

Making paper strip hearts is a fun craft for creating Valentine's Day decorations. This is a guide about 3d Valentine hearts.

December 2, 2016 Flag

hearts in container 2

This is a guide about making a bucket of hearts. These scrap fabric hearts make great gifts or can be used to decorate your home.

January 19, 2017 Flag

white crochet purse with red heart and pull strings

This crocheted heart bag makes a great Valentine's gift. Learn how to crochet this February Heart Bag bag in this guide.

January 6, 2017 Flag

Glittery Heart Bookmarks

A simple useful Valentine can be a cute bookmark that you make. This is a guide about glittery heart bookmarks.

February 18, 2016 Flag

Gluing into heart.

This is a guide about making a heart shaped wall hanging. A heart shaped wall hanging will make a nice addition to your holiday or everyday decor.

July 16, 2015 Flag

pink heart shaped hand warmer going into pocket

This is a guide about making hand warmers. A simple gift to make can be hand warmers. They can help hands stay cozy in your pockets when it's cold outside.

February 11, 2014 Flag

Valentine's Day Heart Garland

There are a variety of ways to fashion a fun heart themed garland to decorate for Valentine's day. This is a guide about Valentine's day heart garlands.

February 6, 2013 Flag

Paper Heart Door Hanger

This easy to make paper heart decoration is easy enough for child to make. It's a nice Valentine's Day or Mother's Day project. This is a guide about making a Paper Heart Door Hanger.

February 11, 2009 Flag

Three Surprise Hearts

Three Surprise Hearts

My husband purchased 3 hearts (4x3 inches) at a craft shop. He knotted them all together with a fancy knot (Sapajou). He put our names on them and surprised me by hanging them on our kitchen door!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Drill holes 1/2 from the middle of the hearts (below the top center point) and paint them red. Knot one end of the rope. String rope through each heart. Bring the knotted end of the rope up to the other end of the rope. Space each heart approximately 22 inches apart.

Between each heart, pull the center of the rope so that you have a loop. The unknotted end of the rope should be looped as well to match the two loops.

Take the knotted end and wrap around the loops about 6 to 7 times from top to bottom, leaving the wraps slightly loose because the knotted end needs to be slid in between the wraps so the knot comes out the top of the wrap.

Pull the knotted end while holding the bottom of the wrap so that the wrap tightens around the loops. Adjust loops and hearts as needed to align hearts in top to bottom order.

Click Here for the Three Surprise Hearts diagram and instructions.

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

aww...you have a sweetie there...they are beautiful...they would make a great wedding, grandparent, or other special occasion thanx for sharing

February 14, 2010 Flag

This easy-to-make accessory will dress up any blouse or cardigan on Valentine's Day.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

Draw and cut out 3 felt hearts in graduating sizes from each color of felt. Cut the largest one using regular scissors and the other two using pinking shears for a decorative edge. The largest heart should be about 3 inches. Cut a vertical slit in the middle of the smallest heart, then lay it on top of the middle heart as a guide and mark and cut matching slits. Repeat with the middle heart to make a slit in the largest heart. Glue the three hearts together, stacked on top of each other, as shown. Slide the heart over the top button of a cardigan or blouse.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I remember seeing a version of this craft in a magazine when I was about 10 years old, over 50 years ago! I made felt hearts and put them over the buttons on my cardigan sweater for Valentine's Day. They were very simple, nowhere as lovely as these, but I still had a great time making them and felt very proud when I wore them.

February 13, 2008 Flag

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• plastic canvas
  • pastel yarns
  • red thread
  • scissors
  • large needle
  • needle
  • magnets
  • hot glue gun

Instructions:

I made these 4 plastic hearts in about an hour. I cut out the hearts from the plastic canvas, the size I wanted. I choose pastel yarn colors. I then finished the hearts and put little sayings I chose. I chose UR CUTE, Sweet, I LOVE YOU, and KISS ME in red thread. I hot glued a small magnet on the back and I hung them on my fridge.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for the great idea! I love candy hearts and these would look great on my frige. Very cute and unique. Great Job!

February 2, 2010 Flag

wall hanging

This item is a quilted wall hanging. Hearts are attached with a blanket stitch and have ribbon strings attached to each heart. There are loops at the top for hanging on a rod.

December 13, 2007 Flag

Lacy heart decorations.

Cut lace about 14 inches, then fold over and sew a seam to slip a piece of 4 inch pipe cleaner in it. Make sure the lace is gathered. Then glue 2 red hearts in the center. I bought mine at a Dollar store.

February 11, 2009 Flag

white blanket with red and pink hearts

A simple blanket made from felt squares.

February 5, 2009 Flag

heart ornament

This can be made for any holiday just by changing fabric, so it's really universal. It's great for using up scraps, too. It's basically strips of fabric that is braided and shaped into a heart.

Load More
Crafts Valentine's DayJanuary 8, 2013
bookmark in book 1
Making Thumbprint Heart Bookmarks
finished multiple doily door decoration
Doily Heart Decoration
Crocheted February Heart Bag
Finished hearts - 3.
3D Valentine Hearts
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 16, 2017 at 1:10:57 PM on 10.0.1.215 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.