Valentine's Day Craft Ideas For Second Graders

Craft supplies for Valentine's Day crafts
Teachers often work with their students to make seasonal crafts. This is a guide about Valentine's Day craft ideas for second graders.

I am looking for a simple valentine craft to do with my 7 year old 2nd graders. Anyone have any good fast and easy ideas? Thanks for the input.

Helga from Andover

Best Answer

I used to make these with my nieces when they were younger.

Get some doilies (really cheap at a craft or party store) and have the kids cut out heart shapes from them, then have them glue them to sheets of red or pink construction paper. They can then add glue, or stickers and a V-Day poem or whatever.

Also, you can use the cut-out hearts as stencils to make designs on construction paper.

Best Answer

Cut "Hershey" kiss out of thick paper. Glue aluminum foil. We cut small pieces. Then add strip of paper. Some put their names, some wrote valentine messages. Ages 5 - 9 enjoyed the project. I used it for my after school gang. I have a family child care.

Best Answer

Use Baby Wipe boxes as little mail boxes for them to get their Valentines in. They can decorate them with stickers, or sign each others boxes. If you have several Mother's with babies it shouldn't be too hard to collect enough, if not for this Valentine's Day then you could start early for next years.

Best Answer

You can go to Orientaltrading.com, they have a craft section on the site and have all kinds of kits. You don't have to buy the kits, just look and see if there is anything you can duplicate.

Best Answer

One year for my son's teachers we made homeade valentines. I cut out a heart shape in the middle of a construction paper card (folded into fourths) on one side. Had my son use a crayon sharpener with crayons in reds, pinks and purples to get shavings onto wax paper, then folded it and ironed on low the wax paper until the shavings melted. We then taped the stained glass looking wax paper into the heart shape on the card.