CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Value of Collectable Thimbles

Are these worth anything?

You have a set in an original box so this would make them more valuable but individual thimbles are selling for $5 to $10 on eBay right now. There are over 16,000 collectable thimbles on eBay right now (not very many St George) and I did not see a set but did not check other sites.

Since you did not give the date/age it would be difficult to check further but you can check eBay or Google anytime for current listings to see if the value goes up. Just enter St George Thimble and you will be able to check anytime.

A set like this is generally more valuable than single thimbles.

Here is a link to a listing (listed in the UK) to give you an idea as to how they are posted:

http://www.ebay  DLAAAOSwImRYERb8

A set of 8 sells for $38 on Ruby Lane. You have a set of 6. https://www.rub  -Georgex27s-Bone

From information I have gathered the sets have 7 thimbles (same as yours) but there appear to be different sets covering different years (different pictures on thimbles).

The set on Ruby Lane (seller is in Canada) has an added thimble (nice addition) but I am not sure it is the same set so maybe you can look at your thimbles and see if they match the set offered on Ruby Lane.

Your box looks like it is in excellent condition which is a big plus to any collector so I would say that if this set belonged to me I would place the value at no less than $50 and if I were to list it for sale I would start the auction price at $75. This set may not sell overnight but it would sell.

I hope you have nice personal reasons for having this set and will value it much more than the actual cash value.